GOP Now Rated AA-

A new CNN poll out today shows the Republicans’ have achieved the highest disapproval rating in twenty years.

The Democratic Party is getting a split on approval/disapproval at 47 – 47, but the Republican Party disapproval rating is all the way up to 59%, against a 33% approval.

The GOP approval rating has been going down in the CNN poll since their 2010 victories: in the October 27-30 version, the Republican Party had a small plurality in approval, at 44 – 43. But since last fall’s election they’ve seen a steady downward trend in the survey, to the current low, which is the highest disapproval rating in the CNN poll in the last twenty years.

The Tea Party itself actually has a lower disapproval rating at 51% than the Republican Party, and only a slightly lower approval rating at 31%.

Achieving such a high disapproval rating may be the Republicans’ greatest achievement since taking office last November and the only thing they have done to help the country as more people continue to see them for what they are.

Meanwhile, the latest national Gallup poll shows that the Republicans’ have also managed to piss away whatever leads they may gained over President Obama during the late spring and early summer. And it’s hard to see cause of this as anything other than their ardent brinkmanship over the debt-ceiling.

President Obama jumped ahead of a nameless Republican challenger in Gallup’s monthly survey of the generic ballot.

Registered voters shifted toward Obama over the last month, erasing the advantage a generic Republican challenger to the president had enjoyed over the two previous months.

Forty-five percent of registered voters said they would pick Obama, versus 39 percent who would favor “the Republican Party’s candidate.”

How much worse can it get? I say the sky is the limit! Keep going, Republicans! You’re doing great!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Poll and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • incredulous72

    Repeating myself again . . .

    Reid just appointed Kerry (D-MA), Murray (D-WA) and Baucus (D-MT) to the “SuperCongress” committee.

    UN . . . REAL.

    • JMAshby

      I don’t see the big deal. Murray and Kerry are great senators and anything the committee supports has to be approved by the leadership anyway.

      Murray is the co-chair of the committee.

        ditto that.

      • incredulous72

        Murray and Kerry I don’t have any issue with whatsoever.

        But Baucus . . .

        I guess there was no “not” appointing him since he is the head of the finance committee in the Senate.

        • JMAshby

          Murray, Baucus, and Kerry all have experience in finance and that’s exactly what we need. We need people who can out-smart the Republicans at their own game.

        • Scopedog

          It does suck, incredulous, but think about it–Baucus might be bad…and yet, the Repubs’ choice will make him look mighty tame by comparison.

          Kerry and Murray make Reid’s decision easier to swallow.

  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    Rick Perry might consider changing his name to “Generic Republican Challenger.” It accurately describes his brand.

  • dildenusa

    It looks to me like the republican tea party republic strategy of making President Obama look bad in regards to managing the economy may have backfired. The President has the nation’s best interests at heart. He is trying to do what he can to create jobs for the middle class while the republican tea party republic throws up road blocks at every turn. I think most correct thinking people in the center see this and understand.

    • Scopedog

      “I think most correct thinking people in the center see this and understand. ”

      Great point–and I hope that you’re right. I also feel the same way, but…well, we gotta keep the faith.

  • mrbrink

    33%ers.

    Off to glory!