He Might As Well Own It

If the Republicans want to campaign on a platform of repealing “Obamacare,” let them!

At least, that seems to be the president’s current thinking. And since practically everyone, including our very serious media, has adopted the “Obamacare” moniker, he might as well own it.

“I have no problem with folks saying ‘Obama Cares.’ I do care. If the other side wants to be the folks who don’t care, that’s fine with me.”

Brilliant.

The president will not shy away from his vast array of accomplishments while running for re-election, and as the recent deficit debate clearly demonstrated, it’s better to use the Republicans’ own arguments against them than to go against the grain.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in President Obama and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • ShitMcFuckensteinAVC

    Democrats aren’t supposed to be proud of their accomplishments. They are suppose to apologize and offer watered down versions of Republican policies.

    • dildenusa

      I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re saying. I do believe President Obama is very proud of what he has done against a bunch of bullshit artist tea party republicans. Should he have allowed a default? I don’t think so. Now the tea party bullshit artists are at it again. Boehner is saying the supercongress cannot consider a balanced approach including the revenue side of the equation. Again Boehner is full of shit.

      From the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

      “To be sure, the joint committee will have the legal authority to produce a balanced package that includes revenue increases as well as program cuts. But House Speaker John Boehner, in an effort to secure votes for the deal, is undermining the joint committee before it’s even established. Boehner has circulated documents to his caucus claiming the agreement requires the use of a “current-law revenue baseline,” thus “making it impossible for Joint Committee to increase taxes.” That’s flatly not true, as my colleague Jim Horney has ably explained; the agreement does not require the joint committee to use any particular baseline, and the joint committee is free to adopt revenue-raising measures if it so chooses.”

      http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3555

      • ShitMcFuckensteinAVC

        I was being facetious. Obama should be proud of what he has accomplished considering the extreme obstructionism he has met at every corner. I was merely commenting on the Democratic tendency of backing off of popular positions when faced with republican criticism.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_3ZTW5W7O5NWQTLGWWDHAYHN3I4 Aeeadede Aeea

      ◎★◎i very like web==lets go◎★◎

      believe you will love it.

      ====( w w w )( jordan forworld )( c o m )

  • Joe Moran

    WWHD?

    What would Harry (Truman) Do? He’d take their club and beat ‘em with it.

    “I don’t give ‘em hell. I just tell the truth and they think it’s hell.”

  • incredulous72

    About damn time.

  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    I wish he’s be more like this when he isn’t in campaign mode.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      Governing and campaigning are two different things. He’s good at both, but not good at doing both simultaneously. His opponents can only, and only ever, do the latter.

  • holyreality

    He must take ownership.

    His leading from behind, punt on first down, surrender before battle tactics may have accomplished a lot.

    His image suffers no matter how nice he plays.

    Just for yucks;
    http://satiricalpolitical.com/2011/08/10/martin-luther-king-adopt-obama-approach/

    Fortunately, the GOP field looks worse than previous debacles.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1432102542 Tim Neuenhaus

    It is things like this that cause me to both work for and donate to the Obama 2012 campaign.