Moment of Derp

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann apparently felt the need to remind us that she has no idea what she is talking about today.

“But what people recognize is that there’s a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward. And especially with this very bad debt ceiling bill, what we have done is given a favor to President Obama and the first thing he’ll whack is five hundred billion out of the military defense at a time when we’re fighting three wars. People recognize that.”

The Reds are coming to get us! And I bet they have conspirators right here in the U.S. too! The Obama Administration secretly sympathizes with communist countries don’cha know?

Of course here in the real world, the Soviet Union hasn’t existed since 1991.

Furthermore, we could cut the defense budget by $500 billion over 10 years and it would still be larger than every other nation on earth combined.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Yzy6Mt4k8&feature=player_embedded

    Frank Schaeffer said it best about Bachman and her ilk, “These people hate this country.”

    • dildenusa

      When Michelle Bachmann looks out at the world she sees a distorted view of us and them. Us is her and a very small group of Christian fundies and them is the rest of the world. That’s why she makes these statements that have no basis in reality. The old soviet union was our mortal enemy for 45 years. Now they’re gone. But for Bachmann they are as real as they were 20 years ago only they have morphed into Al Queda. I’m beginning to think that Bachmann has a one track mind. She is running for president with blinders on. Someone who runs for president must have full focus but be able to quickly see what is to the right and what is to the left. You can’t do that with blinders on.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_4C3KUEMOIVLQYE74EVRT6LOIEA Sheila

    Bob, you’re just being too damn rational!

  • CBloom

    Soviet Union? Unbelievable!

    “Happy birthday, Elvis! Gee, is he still alive like the Commies?”

  • Scopedog

    To paraphrase what Chez said on a recent Bob and Chez show: “Somewhere inside of her, Nomad’s brain is saying, ‘Must sterilize’.”

    Screw the Firebaggers–Obama is still way better than Bachmann, Perry, the whole damned GOP Presidential group.

  • trgahan

    The Soviet Union thing is too easy. But I love the spending arguement coming full circle. A week ago it was “Obama’s blank checks” and “Spending Sprees” and “Cut the Budget Now” talk. This week its “Obama is cutting miltiary spending a little! We’ll be so unprepared and weak!!”

    Can she just be honest and say “Unless the money if for bullets, tanks, or corporate welfare, we think all government spending is for lazy minorities to live on the fruits of our (white people) hard work.”