Republicans Tank in New CNN Poll

Via Steve Benen, CNN’s latest poll shows decent news for Democrats — but only because the Republicans and tea party performed so poorly in the numbers.

A lot of that anger seems directed toward the GOP. According to the survey, favorable views of the Republican party dropped eight points over the past month, to 33 percent. Fifty-nine percent say they have an unfavorable view of the Republican party, an all-time high dating back to 1992 when the question was first asked.

The poll indicates that views of the Democratic party, by contrast, have remained fairly steady, with 47 percent saying they have a favorable view of the Democrats and an equal amount saying they hold an unfavorable view.

Here’s the chart illustrating the results.

The Republicans are destructive bastards and everyone knows it.

Now if I was running the Democratic Party, I would seize on this with a national campaign emphasizing the Republican sabotaging of the economy. But, as always, we can probably count on the Dems to fumble this like always.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Poll and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • missliberties

    This has to be Obama’s fault.

    Making fun of the tea party as stupid hateful bigots, really did nothing to take away their power. Maybe democrats should try a new tac.

    Without economic justice social justice is dead. The tea party is all about survival of the fittest. I’d say the tea party is winning here….. in spite of how much fun we had mocking them. Maybe that isn’t the best strategy? They mocked Reagan and he won. They mocked Bush and he won. They mocked the tea party and now look what happened.

      Yeah, mocking them is certainly the cause of all our problems.

      Hey! I have an idea. Let’s pretend we take these reprehensible IDIOTS seriously. Then maybe we can “win”.

      /sarcasm

      • missliberties

        They won the debt debate. We better start taking them seriously. They are ‘the enemy’, and that is no joke.

          That much is certainly true, but your previous comment is what I object to.

          You did infer that “mocking them” was…….what, exactly?

          Seriously. I don’t think that any of us believe that we shouldn’t take the threat that they represent, seriously.

          That does not mean that we can’t or shouldn’t mock them, call them out for being the dumbass racist phony drown the government in a bathtub assholes that they are.

  • Martha Davidson

    It’s time to call them by their REAL name…republicans.

    There is no registered teaparty in congress.

    They are registered republicans the republican party funded their elections and it’s high time the republican party takes ownership of them.

    If Boehner can’t control them in congress, let him force them to leave the republican party and be independents.

    Enough with the excuses that they are teaparty ,and somehow Boehner and McConnell are not responsible for their childish actions.

    If they have so much “power” why don’t they have their own real party?

    Just stop with giving it up to these clowns and just call them republicans, it takes away their delusion of power.

    • Brutlyhonest

      “It’s time to call them by their REAL name…republicans.”

      This. Over and over.

      Also, too: If everyone knows the thugs are destructive bastards what the hell happened in WI yesterday?

        Good question….I don’t understand how Dems didn’t win 3 or more of those recall elections. Again, I want to see how much money was spent on both sides. I’m guessing national GOP donations put the Rethugs over the top.

        • MrDHalen

          The WI elections weren’t swayed by money this time around I don’t think. I’m sure everybody knew why they were going to the polls that day. This was just flat out being too dumb to know you’re voting against your own self interest.

            THIS time? I think its almost every time. So if the money doesn’t put them over the top, its the American voters’ ignorance. I’m getting more cynical by the day. Sigh…….

      Some of us, myself included, have always called them Republicans. That is what they are.

    Bob, gotta agree with you. Whenever a good attack strategy presents itself you can bet the Dems won’t do it. Is the Dem Party leadership really that blind to what works or do they just not understand how to run a tough campaign?

  • http://twitter.com/bphoon Brian C

    On a related note, I just heard on CNN that the RNC is reacting negatively to the naming of Sen Patty Murray (D-WA) to co-chair the “Super Committee” because she’s “so immersed in politics”. I damn near laughed out loud; I’m sitting in DFW airport so I stifled myself a bit.

    The RNC also says everyone should drop partisanship and focus on reducing the debt. This, from one of the worst practitioners of rancorous partisanship going. How do these people 1) say this shit with a straight face, and 2) sleep at night?

    • Brutlyhonest

      “How do these people 1) say this shit with a straight face, and 2) sleep at night? ”

      1) There is no chance of their hypocrisy being called out by gelded news organizations (remember, if it’s left of faux propaganda, it’s a liberal lie).
      2) Very well. In very nice places.