Rick Perry Really, Really Hates Social Security

This this actually the basic Republican position on Social Security.

Asked by a woman in the crowd about Social Security being viewed as an entitlement program, Perry reiterated the suggestion in his anti-Washington book, Fed Up!, that the program amounts to a Ponzi scheme.

“It is a Ponzi scheme for these young people. The idea that they’re working and paying into Social Security today, that the current program is going to be there for them, is a lie,” Perry said. “It is a monstrous lie on this generation, and we can’t do that to them.”

Like most of the Republican Party, his solution to this “lie” is to systematically destroy Social Security by either privatizing it or making it a state-run program.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • laddieluv

    ‘Effing, flaming, psychopathic “pants-on-fire” liar.

    Even if we did nothing to SS, it will be solvent for another 27 years.

    Di.ck….er….Rick “Parry” is a dangerous lunatic. IMO.

    • Zen Diesel

      How in the world did Texas elect this nut job, three times.

      • laddieluv

        The same way the knuckle-dragging wing nut troglodytes in my district (6) in MN keep electing that complete idiotic religious “whack job” Bachmann.

        My district is so far right that most cars cannot make a left turn.

        Not enough Thorazine on the planet for these idiots.

          Not enough Thorazine on the planet for these idiots.

          HAHA………nailed it!

          • laddieluv

            Grins. Thank you, Miss Nicole.

            My snark demon is out in full force.

            Survival mode. Blech.

        • Zen Diesel

          I live in the evil liberal state of MD, where the Republican sludge is kept to a minimum. When I see the crotch thumping Perry and God solves all problems Bachmann talk on the television, I realize there must be another America out there that I haven’t visited. What drives my batty is that the hypocrisy of the right, outside of a handful of blogs and media get’s downplayed. I keep hoping that these fuckers will get their comeuppance for all the bullshit and lies they are peddling.

        • BuffaloBuckeye

          And I see where Bachmann has identified the cause of the recent earthquake and Hurricane Irene.
          http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bachmann-claims-hurricane-earthquake-were-god-messages-politicians-155051199.html

      • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_G47X2LECEPGSM6GSOOHTHQGQ2A Ben Dover

        The opponent was Kinky Friedman…

  • Robert Scalzi

    the man is ALL hat and NO cattle……. Fuck him….

    He’s allergic to it because his corporate owners want it privatized.

    A great vid with Thom Hartmann & Robert Greenwald on this issue.

    http://youtu.be/-U1c7c0mke8

    Adding: Hartmann – “How many billionaires are there who are the tail that’s wagging the dog of public opinion?”

    Another good vid on Soc.Sec. (Cenk)

    http://youtu.be/SaymnCuwmS0