Rick Perry Threatens Bernanke with Violent Attack

Rick Perry warned Ben Bernanke not to print more money or else he’d be violently accosted and accused of treason.

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion.”

Treasonous to print more money, but not treasonous to threaten the Fed chairman with violence or to endorse secession from the Union. Rick Perry knows right from wrong, doesn’t he.

Karl Rove, whose boss had his own lapses into violent rhetoric, didn’t approve.

“You don’t accuse the chairman of the federal reserve of being a traitor to his country. Of being guilty of treason,” Karl Rove told Fox News Tuesday. “And, suggesting that we treat him pretty ugly in texas. You know, that is not, again a presidential statement.”

But I assure you, the far-right loves, loves, loves it.

Oh, and by the way, Rick Perry is wrong about printing money.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • jcajca

    He is wrong about a LOT of things, but that won’t stop anyone from believing him. After all, he is speaking to a vastly uneducated populace, so he can say anything he wants to and believers will believe. This group of “candidates” is like watching a reality TV show — entertaining and sad at the same time. Oh how far we have sunk as a society.

  • trgahan

    Ah, I feel better now. I had thought Perry was just going to hold prayer/political rallies, run on “Texas Exceptionalism,” and let the dirty dog whistling to his underlings or future VP running mate Bachmann (just a guess). But if he is going to spout stuff that even turns the “Turb Blossom’s” stomach this early, President Obama chances looks even better.

    Sure his base may know no better and think government employees like Bernanke are so evil that violent threats are justified. But moderate voters won’t be able to justify support of someone who says these thing.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_YM23FX2FBZEC3UVDPZRGCUBIZ4 staci

    There was a pretty good exchange between Al Sharpton and Pat Buchanan on Morning Joe today. Buchanan compared Perry’s words to Rev. Wright in making the claim that Obama buys into the same sort of rhetoric. Sharpton was quick to point out that Obama is being held responsible for somebody else’s words yet Buchanan won’t hold Perry accountable for his own words and the hypocrisy of it all. Needless to say, Mark Halperin and Willie Geist were amazingly silent during the entire conversation.

    • holyreality

      Thanks for the encouraging word on Sharpton.

      It is refreshing to learn of a liberal who does not quake in fear like every other commentator does when outnumbered.

      If Perry hates private bankers so much(the FED is a private bank), he should just come out and admit it.

  • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

    When I first heard about Rick Perry my gut told me that he was going to win the Republican nomination. Now I think he’s on his way to being yesterday’s news.

    This ignorant, aggressive comment isn’t a one-off misfire. This is par for the course for a man who makes W look like an Oxford scholar according to those in the know.

    Now I’m back on Team Bachmann for my Republican front runner.

    Regardless of who takes the prize, there is not a single Republican in the current field that is remotely electable in the general election. Yee-haw to that, my friends.

  • janefromhell

    “Update: Mark Thoma reminds me that Perry’s assertion that the Fed “should cut spending and move much more rapidly to a balanced budget” is itself strikingly ignorant, since the Fed doesn’t have those kinds of powers anyway.”

    Via.