The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show, 8/18/11

Another Stock Market Crash; Liberal Blogger Reaction to the Firebagger Email; Progressive Careerism and Whining; Opposing the President for Fun and Traffic; Rick Perry and Republican Cowboy Dress-em-Up; More Right Wing Extremism; Tom Coburn Plays the Affirmative Action Card; and much more! Brought to you by Bubble Genius!

Not safe for work!
Download the mp3 (69 minutes, 25mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Bob and Elvis Show and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Dave Krebs

    A cup of coffee and a new “Bob and Chez Show” episode – I’m good to go!

    Thanks, guys! I love the show!

  • The_Dork_Knight

    Chez starts the show by dropping a Serenity quote. Massive points for that, and do I detect a fellow Browncoat?

    • Chez Pazienza

      My three year old daughter’s name is Inara. What do you think?

      • The_Dork_Knight

        Holy crap! You out geeked me on that one. Well played, Sir. For me, Serenity remains my favorite flick of all time. There’s not a frame of that movie I don’t love.

  • JackDaniel07

    All day off and a new B&C PodCast :)

  • gescove

    The “Al Gore lost in 2000 because of progressive indifference” notion is a bit cringe-making for me. Maybe it made it closer than it would have been. But Gore won the popular vote. The Electoral College came down to Florida. Your analysis ignores the role of Jeb Bush, Kathleen Harris, and the Supreme Court in throwing the election to GW.

    • Art__VanDalay

      Yes, but had the so called progressive indifference not existed, no one would know who the hell Kathleen Harris was in the first place, there would have been no recount, and there would have been no President Dubya.

        Exactly right.

    • ranger11

      It wasn’t so much progressive indifference as much as it was love for Nader that got him his 2% which basically killed that election.

      • gescove

        Absolutely @ranger… I meant to come back to my original post and add Ralph Effing Nader. I agree, @marty and @nichole, that indifference made the election closer than it ought to have been. But the insanity of voting for Nader because “Bush and Gore are the same” nailed the coffin shut.

  • Kaha

    Great show. Bob and Chez.

    I am glad you called out the whining wing of the progressive side. BTW, can someone point out to me, what’s so progressive about people who cannot see the difference between President Obama and Michele Backmann, Rick Perry or any of the wingnuts who are vying to replace President Obama. If they don’t think there’s a difference between an Obama Presidency and wingnut run America, then they need to see Wisconsin, Florida, Main and Michigan.
    Chez, you’re so on the mark with your GG take.

  • muselet

    Mitt Romney looks enough like a president (good-looking, middle-aged, white, male) for the Republican base to overlook the social awkwardness and—maybe, just maybe—the Mormonism. Rick Perry looks presidential (good-looking, white, middle-aged, white, male), too, and has that RealMurca drawl, but I really think he’ll implode before too long; I predicted last night that he won’t last to the end of the year, and I’m standing by that.

    “The better we do on iTunes, the better the show is.” Good pitch. Not quite National Lampoon caliber, but not bad.

    “Have some balls, call him a lazy nigger and be done with it. Go ahead, do it. I dare you. Really. Stop with the race-baiting, stop with the dogwhistles. If you’re going to do it, do it. Go ahead and say what you’re really thinking.” This. A thousand times this.

    Chez wins a hundred internets for the Wash quote.

    Incidentally, Bob, I liked the Max Headroom effect on the bumper (I’m showing my age again).

      “Have some balls, call him a lazy nigger and be done with it. Go ahead, do it. I dare you. Really. Stop with the race-baiting, stop with the dogwhistles. If you’re going to do it, do it. Go ahead and say what you’re really thinking.” This. A thousand times this.

      Co-sign. Emphatically. Bunch of closet fucking racist assholes.

      • Scopedog

        Yep. I had no problems with what Chez said. It’s pretty much lines up with my own view of what some Republicans (and others) really want to say about the President.

  • Dan_in_DE

    “.. for Gabby Giffords to walk out onto the Senate floor and punch him in the teeth. ”

    Fucking A right! What a little prick, Coburn desperately needs to be knocked down a peg.

  • Dan_in_DE

    Coburn is the little bitch who helps his congress budies cover up for their sexual indescretions, using his doctor-patient privelege (as a Gynocologiest!!) to broker the payouts. What a sleezy little fuck!

    Just finished listening. FABULOUS show……….you guys are perfect together!!