The Far-right is Attacking Cartoons Again

Glenn Beck thinks the new multiracial Spider-Man is a conspiracy by the First Lady.

And Fox News Channel thinks SpongeBob SquarePants is spreading global warming propaganda.

Shh! Don’t tell them that Scooby and Shaggy were stoned all the time.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Rider Ran? Reft ring ronrirary?

    /Zoinkies!

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690699005 Jennifer H. Smorodin

    Did you catch the quote from Gretchen Carlson that she sometimes has a hard time following “SpongeBob?” Frickin’ classic!!

    • peonyharp

      @Jennifer:
      I had to comment on your Valkyrie Brunhilde Bunny — nice pirouette.

    • holyreality

      I too have a hard time with any time beyond a couple seconds of cartoon idiocy, whether it is Sponge Bob, OK mostly SpongeBob.

      If I had children, I’d go an extra mile to make sure that they were never exposed to such brain destroying “entertainment”. I mean really, I feel my IQ drop one percentage point for every second I’m exposed to that drivel.

      • raistuumum

        So you have no inner child. Poor you.

        • holyreality

          I do love Ren and Stimpy, Bevis and Butthead, and of course, South Park.

          OK maybe these are not children’s toons. I can enjoy a good child’s toon, but the crapola offered to today’s homogenized politically correct kinder is bland poorly animated, and trite.

          Nothing to appeal to a developed inner child’s taste anywhere in television.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Peroxide poisoning. Kills brain cells.

    • http://twitter.com/bphoon Brian C

      She’d have a hard time following Romper Room. I’m surprised she can manage to read her Teleprompter correctly in one pass…

  • peonyharp

    D’ya suppose they’re attacking SpongeBob because President Obama admitted in a 2007 TV Guide interview that Mr. SquarePants was his favorite cartoon character?! I’m surprised FN hasn’t suggested the President was indoctrinating his daughters…
    10 Neat Facts about SpongeBob

    Be sure to read #9: SpongeBob HempPants Huzzah for Camp Chaos!!

    You can be sure my son will continue to watch SpongeBob because I’m raising a troublesome environmentalist, just like me.

  • D_C_Wilson

    You know, when someone says, “I don’t care” and they have to repeat it several times, they care. A lot.

  • muselet

    Oh, dear heavens, a cartoon is looking at global warming from only one point of view. Where’s a fainting couch when you need one?

    Morons.

    And as for Glenn Beck, he’s an idiot. Nothing new there.

    –alopecia