Tom Coburn’s Diarrhea of the Mouth

Someone must have kicked Senator Tom Coburn’s dog, because he’s apparently suffering from from a very bad case of diarrhea of the mouth.

First he implied that his colleagues in the senate are lucky he is not allowed to carry a gun, then he suggested Medicaid and Medicare are unconstitutional, and to top it all off he repeated the meme from a couple months ago that President Obama only got to where he is today because of affirmative action.

Responding to a man in Langley who asked if Obama “wants to destroy America,” Coburn said the president is “very bright” and loves his country but has a political philosophy that is “goofy and wrong.”

Obama’s “intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him,” he said.

“As an African-American male,” Coburn said, Obama received “tremendous advantage from a lot of these programs.”

What the hell is wrong with this man?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Spends too much time in OK?

    And remember, he’s the less crazy of Oklahoma’s senators.

    • incredulous72

      Says . . . who?

        I admit the competition is fierce, but until Coburn starts nearly dropping planes on people’s heads, advantage Inhofe.

        • incredulous72

          It’s a damn shame that we’re debating the “race to the bottom” of republican United States Senators.

  • mrbrink

    Wow. I feel dirty. I feel dirty for America.

    George W. Bush didn’t need no “affirmative action!”

    Neither did Rand Paul!

    They got there by affirmative action. Totally legit.

    And a system that produces someone like President Obama is doing something very very right.

    Did Coburn spend part of his youth helping Tom DeLay with his bug extermination business? Seems like he’s inhaled too much DDT. Well, it could also be a daily quart of gin, I suppose.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Today’s republicans make me miss the days of Saint Ron. At least then, they were a little more subtle with their racist dog whistling.

  • http://gocart-mozart.blogspot.com/ gocart mozart

    Hey, you try to get a job in the South Side of Chicago as a Community Organizer with pale skin, a southern drawl, wearing a “South’s Gonna Ride Again” T-Shirt while holding a rebel flag and with a David Duke for President bumper sticker on the back of your pick-up! Life is hard for a cracker ass up there!

  • http://gocart-mozart.blogspot.com/ gocart mozart

    I have a dream that some day a white man can also grow up to be President of these United States.

  • Treading_Water

    Tom Coburn also warned us of the rampant lesbianism in Oklahoma high schools back in 2004.

    Coburn tells how a campaign worker form Coalgate, Okla., told him that lesbianism is “so rampant in some of the schools in southeast Oklahoma that they’ll only let one girl go to the bathroom.”
    http://www.alternet.org/rights/20162/

    I think republicons are afraid. They are afraid of everybody and everything that is different than they are, because they fear that everyone thinks the same of them that they think of everyone else.

    If I had a dime for every guy like Coburn that told me I didn’t deserve what I had worked my ass off to get, I’d be a millionaire. Pres. O is the epitome of the American Dream and it doesn’t have a g*ddamn thing to do with Affirmative Action. Coburn is just jealous of anyone who doesn’t look like him but does better than him. Stupid prick.

  • Jake Roberts

    Coburn is ranting against the equal access of minorities to education, otherwise known as affirmative action. He is talking racism without using the explicit language of racism, the Tea Party however will hear him loud and clear.

      Not to say there aren’t intelligent southerners, like Molly Ivins and Jim Hightower, but if you had met some of the slouching idiots from the south that I have, you’d know they must have had an affirmative action plan for slow white men down there for decades. There is no way these cro-magnons could have gotten into college otherwise. It’s no wonder people like Coburn and Rick Perry are their idols — birds of a feather…

  • http://twitter.com/whatsamatta_u Paul W

    Well, at least he acknowledged Obama is American, that’s an improvement. ;D