What Would Cantor Do?

What would Jesus Eric Cantor do in the face of a disaster for which relief funding must be approved?

If it were the Eric Cantor of 2004, he would vote against holding relief hostage.

[A] bemused Democratic source notes that in October 2004, Cantor voted against an amendment to an emergency supplemental bill for disaster aid that would have “fully offset” the cost of that supplemental with “a proportional reduction of FY05 discretionary funding” elsewhere. Funding for defense, homeland security, and veterans was exempted from the proposed cuts. But the amendment, introduced by Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), would do precisely what Republican leadership is proposing to do now.

The Eric Cantor of 2011, a very serious man who exists in a world where a black democrat is president, would say we must offset disaster relief funds with spending cuts elsewhere.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    [Apologies in advance for the profanity in this comment.]

    Most of us need no further proof that the GOP and its RW/TP cohort are completely full of shit. Granted, all politicians are full of shit to one degree or another, but the 21st-Century GOP has taken full of shit to entirely new levels. The main reason why is that the people who would, and do, vote for the Cantors and the Boehners and the Bachmanns of the world either don’t know or don’t care how full of shit they are.

    Which reminds me of something. The other day I was watching one of George Carlin’s old HBO Concerts; “Doin’ It Again” from 1990. In one of his bits, he nailed the Obama-era GOP/TP/RW cohort 20 years in advance:

    “Some people are really fuckin’ stupid… Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of ‘em are stupider than that… Then there are some people, they’re not stupid; they’re full of shit… Then there are some people, they’re not stupid, they’re not full of shit; they’re FUCKIN’ NUTS.”

    The subject of his next sentence was Dan Quayle, which seems rather silly in retrospect, but if Carlin were still with us today he might amend it to say:

    “These Republican Tea Partiers are ALL THREE!! ALL THREE!!! STUPID, FULL OF SHIT, AND FUCKIN’ NUTS!!!!”

      Isn’t it great that our generous democracy provides ample representation for the stupid, full of shit, fucking nuts teabaggers? I mean, even their mothers don’t love them — except carnally. ;)

  • Chachizel

    What an asshat!

  • hanadora44

    The best Eric cantor comments I’ve ever heard came from Karl Frisch on Olbermann’s show the other night.

    http://www.karlfrisch.com/2011/08/25/karl-talks-eric-cantor-and-hurricane-irene-on-countdown/