Disqualified

Saying something like this should instantly disqualify you from ever becoming president.

The former Massachusetts governor told a town hall in Sun Lakes, Arizona he would pick someone who “could be president” like former Vice President Dick Cheney.

“I think it was last weekend I was watching C-SPAN, and I saw Vice President Dick Cheney and he was being asked questions about a whole host of issues — following 9/11, the affairs in various countries in the world,” Romney recalled, according to NBC’s First Read.

“And I listened to him speak and said whether you agree or disagree with him, this a man of wisdom and judgment, and he could have been president of the United States,” he said, adding, “That’s the kind of person I’d like to have — a person of wisdom and judgment.”

Heinrich Himmler Dick Cheney. A beacon of wisdom and judgment?

If by “judgment” you’re referring to the Old Testament, yes.

Was it his good judgment that ordered civilian aircraft shot down on 9/11? Apparently the Pentagon didn’t think so.

Was it his good judgment to out Valerie Plame? An undercover CIA agent keeping tabs on nuclear safety.

Did his infinite wisdom tell him Iraq had WMDs?

This is an ill-advised pander on Romney’s part. Nothing will scare away independents and swing voters quicker than telling them you would select someone “like Dick Cheney” as your vice president.

  • http://twitter.com/wonderfulchaos wonderfulchaos

    So I guess he’s saying Chris Christie is his running mate choice.

    Good. Romney’s the only Republican candidate I could see ever possibly unseating Obama. Let him cozy up to Cheney all he wants. I’m sure it’ll reflect well on him.

  • Pamela Moore

    At first blush I found that surprising, but Romney must feel that he has to do something to pander to the crowd that cheers Perry for his zeal for executions and Ron “let him die” Paul. After all, this is the party of death (except for fetuses), so Darth Cheney types fit right in.

  • D_C_Wilson

    To continue JM’s Godwin, if Himmler had 20% support in this country, Romney would pander to him, too.

  • mrbrink

    Romney’s such a tone deaf Richie Rich suck ass.

    It’s easy for an intellectual coward of Romney’s privilege to take a stand for CEOs and war profiteers to crush the democratic competition in Mitt Romney’s America!

    Obama has already “failed America,” but Dick Cheney is a person of “wisdom and judgement?” Fuck off, dude.

    It should concern Mitt Romney that after a life’s journey of assimilation into politics and American culture, he’s just an empty-eyed middle management pitchman for corporate monarchy. The guy who let’s the globalists and swindler capitalists shit in his mouth just to sniff their cool.

    And where’s Mitt Romney been? Still claiming “Olympic planning” as a qualification to counter president Obama?

    Bitch, when you’re sucking on Cheney balls outside a tasty freeze, you’ve hit rock bottom as a human being and can’t come back.

    (And on 9/11, what the hell was Cheney doing giving bunker-orders within the military chain of command anyway? There’s no Vice Commander In Chief.)

    But it’s worthy of high praise for Republicans to be able to speak so adoringly of torture personified. And these big shits have it all under control, even when they’re ordering the bombing of commercial airliners from a goddamn bunker like babies pressing buttons on an elevator. Leadership from a bunker. Eva Braun couldn’t have been far behind with the fucking pistol and cyanide caps.

    But you would think they would at least have the decency to give it a little more time before they congratulated themselves for all those Americans floating face down on the streets of New Orleans. Or that search for WMDs. Or the preventable collapse of the global economy? Ha ha, sure. Republicans have it all under control, Dick Cheney has presidential wisdom and judgement, and “Obama has failed America.”

    Which means Obama is the best president in modern history and the rest of America has some serious catching up to do.

    Adding– disqualified! All of them.

    • JackDaniel07

      holy fuckin shit this is the best goddamn thing Ive ever read anywhere ever….Mister Fuckin Brink, thank you sir

      • mrbrink

        Ashby started it.

      • emily carin jacobs

        I totally second that!

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Onn a related, bright note, I see where President Carter has “endorsed” Romney as his choice for GOP presidential nominee. Kiss, meet Death.