Far-Right Outrage of the Day

Drudge and the Weekly Standard totally lost their shpadoinkle over this clip of Harry Reid talking about bike paths. The Weekly Standard headline:

Harry Reid Takes On the Great Issue of Our Day . . . Bike Paths!

And Drudge thought valuable time was being wasted.

Reid talked about bike paths for a sum total of 49 seconds. And you know what? They’re a great idea. Reliable bicycle paths reduce vehicle traffic, reduce our dependence on foreign oil, reduce smog and air pollution and building new paths will create thousands of jobs.

Republicans are evidently opposed to all of these things — for no reason other than Harry Reid mentioned bike paths for 49 seconds. Un-effing-believable.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Cycling and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    Why talk about bike paths when there are python regulations to discuss?

  • Ipecac

    And the only reason he was talking about bike paths in the first place is because Tom Coburn (R-Dumbass) was taking the entire bill hostage over bike paths.

  • Azmtdog

    Not only bike paths, Safe Routes to School funding will also be slashed. Keeping kids safe and healthy is bad! Fetuses riding a bicycle are always going to be safe and cherished.

  • trgahan

    We all know that no one who has spent their time messing around with bikes has ever contributed a thing to our society..wright?

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_PZRI4FSGXWS3HSBOCS3V7DKOKI Fred

    Drudge and Weekly Standard are the water carriers for the Crazy. No water, but lots of carriers has the right wing.

  • America_Shrugged

    Not to mention thAt more people riding bikes is a good move towards a healthier lifestyle which may help reduce healthcare costs in the long term. That’s my biggest beef with these regressive Tea Potters. They can only relate to their own wallets rather than the big picture.

  • JMAshby

    If we don’t prevent people from riding their bike to the airport, the economy will never recover.

      Absolutely right! Doncha know, bike riders are also hazardous to the polluting of our air.

    There are much more important things to do — such as finding something else paid for by the taxpayers to name after Reagan.