Morning Awesome

“Farewell to R.E.M.” theme week wraps up with a song that gives me chills every time I hear it. Here’s the wonderful, moving, wistful “Nightswimming”.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Morning Awesome and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    Oh, man I love this song. For years I’ve been playing it in G major; I just figured out how to play it in B-flat major which is better suited to my voice. I’ll definitely be playing it at my gig next Saturday night. :)

    These things they go away, replaced by every day…

  • kingfrazer

    Great choice, Bob. Automatic for the People came out of left field after I’d pretty much written REM off, and it showed me I couldn’t underestimate them. Perfect Circle was also a beautiful selection. I was a prog-rock fan until 1984 when I saw my first REM video (it was So. Central Rain (I’m Sorry)), which showed me there was something else out there….my ascent into punk and indie rock followed soon thereafter. Thanks for the week of REM.

  • http://twitter.com/groobiecat Groobiecat

    Very cool stuff; great idea for a theme this week. For anyone who loves the original, this remix of “Wichita Lineman” from 1994 is really moving: http://youtu.be/QutLsCCY2yw