No Room For Reason

During last week’s Republican presidential debate, Governor Rick Perry actually managed to say something reasonable.

Of course, you know what that means. He must walk back his reasonable statement immediately! There’s no room for reason in this Republican party!

This is what Perry said on the subject of immigration.

If you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they’ve been brought there by no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart. We need to be educating these children, because they will become a drag on our society.

Today he apologized for calling his constituents “heartless,” despite the fact that they jubilantly celebrate Perry’s death penalty record, and scream to let the uninsured die.

From where I’m sitting, heartless doesn’t quite cut it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • holyreality

    Humanity must not be allowed to be part of the GOP strategy.

    Humanity—–> Humanist————-> Secular Humanism————–>SATAN!

    Church Chat Lady has that straight.

    They’re despicable, greedy, miserable, heartless, ignorant, fascist-leaning human beings.

  • bphoon

    How about “clueless”…”idiots”…”wholly un- or under-informed”…”lemmings to the latest GOP bumper-sticker slogan”…”assholes”…”dipshit redneck hicks”…right-wing, jingoistic, knee-jerk butt fuckers”…I could go on (and on) but I think you get the idea.