Obama-Lite

Rick Perry goes there.

In an interview with Sean Hannity on Wednesday, Perry used Romney’s Massachusetts health care plan to tie him to the White House. It’s a familiar attack on Romney, but Perry’s language was unusually tough. “We don’t need to nominate Obama-Lite,” he said. “We don’t need to nominate someone who is going to blur the lines between President Obama and our nominee.”

A Perry spokesman, Ray Sullivan, employed similar rhetoric on Wednesday in his response to a Romney press release on Perry’s past support for transferring Social Security to individual states.

“Now Mr. Romney is again sounding like a Democrat, distorting the truth and trying to scare senior citizens,” Sullivan said. “As he has so many times in the past, Mr. Romney seems to forget he’s a Republican.”

While Romney’s and the president’s policy on healthcare may be similar, their views on business and the economy couldn’t be farther apart.

For the purposes of campaigning though, that doesn’t matter. Now that Perry has levied this charge of being “Obama-Lite,” Romney will have to jump through a series of hoops to prove that he is sufficiently crazy and he will probably look worse after doing so. And I have no doubt the serious media will latch onto Perry’s remarks and studiously question Mitt Romney “Are you Obama-Lite?”

For what it’s worth, I actually agree with Perry when he says “We don’t need to nominate someone who is going to blur the lines between President Obama and our nominee.” I think they should elect the most batshit candidate possible so that there is a very clear distinction between the two come election day. Fortunately, the Republicans appear to be on track to do just that.

    Now that Perry has levied this charge of being “Obama-Lite,” Romney will have to jump through a series of hoops to prove that he is sufficiently crazy and he will probably look worse after doing so. And I have no doubt the serious media will latch onto Perry’s remarks and studiously question Mitt Romney “Are you Obama-Lite?”

    Nailed that one, Ashby.

    Unfortunately, I don’t trust this country to choose Obama over “Most Batshit”. Too many ignorant and racist people.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      Oh, I think the die is already cast. We will have a Republican president at 12:01 p.m. on 20 January 2013, at which precise moment the Tea Party will cease to exist.

        I’m not willing to go there yet, Graf. There’s still time and anything could happen between now and then.

        Adding……we need to produce an army of liberal astroturfers to fight it, and much as I would hate doing this, and have never done it before, I intend to do it now.

    • Pyro_Joe

      So we’re just giving up? Cause that’s what I’ve been reading from both Bob and a few commenter around here lately. “Its over, the Republicans won, President Perry, ect, ect”

      I really don’t understand how we can fight to make this country a better place if we think all of our battles are lost while we’re fighting them.

        Bite your tongue! I am definitely not giving up, I’m saying that we are going to have to fight like hell!!

        • Pyro_Joe

          Agreed. I’m just a bit frustrated with all the negativity lately.

          • MrDHalen

            The negativity you hear is our venting. We must vent in order to continue the fight.

            Highlighting our toughest challenges helps to narrow our focus and spread awareness.

          • ranger11

            Yeah, he’s still beating Romney and Perry in trial heats. Neither of them are Reagan or Clinton. I still have optimism in this regard.

  • bphoon

    Gonna have to hold out hope for Bachmann, then. Although, lately, Perry ain’t too far off…

      Absolutely birds of a feather.

      I would not be surprised to see the eventual nominee choose batshit Bachmann for VP.

  • mrbrink

    Rick Perry says Mitt Romney is “Obama-Lite” and the Obama haters on the left will validate it because they think they’re too cool, or they’re just too cowardly to defend a Democratic Presidency.

      the Obama haters on the left will validate it because they think they’re too cool, or they’re just too cowardly to defend a Democratic Presidency

      I vote for opportunistic, racist, naive, stupid, AND cowardly.

    I’m considering throwing up a private forum whereby those who are interested can scheme to infiltrate the right wing sites that matter, in a concerted effort to make a difference in 2012.

    Any opinions on this? Offers of help?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Sounds good. The only problem is, I don’t know how to Poe wingnuts. Every time I see a statement that makes me think, “No way could anyone believe something that nuts,” one of them cranks the batshit up to eleven.