Quote of the Day

“These people who are making a big deal out of gay marriage? I don’t give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We’re making a big deal out of things we shouldn’t be making a deal out of. They go on and on with all this bullshit about ‘sanctity’ — don’t give me that sanctity crap! Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want.”
Clint Eastwood in the October issue of GQ

Uh, yeah. What Clint Eastwood said. Exactly.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/TyJuanOn Kari Hope

    Surprising coming from a republican.

    • muselet

      Not quite so surprising coming from Eastwood, though. For the most part, he’s reasonably sane.

      –alopecia

  • http://twitter.com/eaglesfanintn eaglesfanintn

    Can you just hear it now – “Oh, he’s just another Hollywood liberal. We shouldn’t pay any attention to what he says, he’s just an actor”. Meanwhile, Ted Nugent is stumping for some RWNJ.

    • muselet

      Conservatives crave pop-culture cred the way junkies crave heroin, and they hate that they can’t find A-listers to name-check. Of course, the constant refrain of, “Oh, s/he’s not a real conservative because s/he does’t believe A, B or C,” doesn’t help their cause. I eagerly await the moment when Kelsey Grammer has a fleeting moment of sanity and the Right descends on him like a pack of hyenas.

      Off-topic but related, of all the Righty whinges, “I wuz a lubrul til I seed how bad Hollywood treets conservatives!” (see: Breitbart, Andrew) has to be my least favorite (followed hotly by, “Hollywood wouldn’t hire me because I’m conservative.” [see: Breitbart, Andrew]).

      –alopecia

      • countregular

        aww, be cool. Breitbart only says that because he’s a tremendously unscrupulous dumbshit

  • SmilingAhab

    How many takes did they have to do for Clint to hold that face?

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Dorothy-Landers/100000227448085 Dorothy Landers

    Any person who can’t deal with the great and interesting variety of the human creature should go to their room, lock the door, and stay there forever.