The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 9/23/11

Rick Perry’s New Michael Bay Trailer; Republican Branding of Patriotism; Keeping Up with the News; Ralph Nader is a Troll; The Death Penalty and Troy Davis; Dick Move with Bobby Flay; and much more! Brought to you by Bubble Genius!

Not safe for work!
Download the mp3 (71 minutes, 28mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Bob and Elvis Show and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    GREAT show! You and Chez are fabulous together, Bob.

  • LK3

    Agree, Nicole. Love the show with you 2 – have not missed a week! Thank you.

  • http://twitter.com/Nanotyrnns Gearóid O’Tuathal

    Rick Perry is totally the Mack Truck in that pic…

    “Diesel fuel! Tires! Exhaust! FUCK YEAH!”

    • http://twitter.com/AlanFors Alan Fors

      That’s a Peterbuilt, not a Mack. Just saying…

  • muselet

    The decline of American political rhetoric could hardly be clearer than this:

    • “We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.” –Abraham Lincoln, Annual Address to the US Congress, 1 December 1862

    • “Again, let us remember that though our heritage is one of blood lines from every corner of the Earth, we are all Americans pledged to carry on this last, best hope of man on Earth.” –Ronald Reagan, second inaugural address, 21 January 1985

    • “The United States of America really is the last great hope of mankind.” –Rick Perry, crappy web ad, September 2011

    *shudders* Somewhere in the afterlife, Cicero weeps quietly in his beer.

    Likening Ralph Nader to an internet troll reminds me of one of my most favorite comments of all time, from Sadly, No! commenter Steerpike: “Trolls are like Slinkies: not particularly useful, but fun to watch when you push them down a flight of stairs…”

    –alopecia

  • http://www.facebook.com/eric.forsthoefel Eric Forsthoefel

    You guys did an admirable job this week of walking through all of the horrific consequences of our countries obsession with the death penalty. Now I think it is time for you both to take that final step into the light and realize that capital punishment in ALL cases is immoral and unacceptable in a modern democracy.

    It’s too easy to fall into the trap that you did of fixating on the most egregious individuals and the horrors they inflict so as to ratchet ourselves up emotionally and declare “I’d like to pull the trigger myself.” Let’s be honest – good, progressive thinkers like us come down hard on the right wingers when they make that argument – and they make it all the time.

    If nothing else, just peruse the list of the “death penalty club” and ask yourselves if we really see ourselves as being culturally and morally aligned with Botswana and Nigeria than with the rest of the modern, Western world.

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777460.html

    Capital Punishment is our national shame