Worst Persons in the World

The Fox News debate audience booed a soldier last night. They booed a troop. An American soldier. Why? Because he happened to be gay.

So because the soldier is gay, he’s no longer worthy of Republican deference and respect. That’s good to know. The phrase “Support the Troops” should have an asterisk in Republican vernacular. Those yellow ribbon bumper magnets should have tiny yellow asterisks next to them. Support the troops*.

*Unless they’re gay.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    I am to the point where I find modern Republicans to be some of the most damn despicable people inhabiting planet earth.

    • Lexamich

      There are far worse people out there. The Cons are the equivalent of haughty busybodies who the authorities let get away with committing petty crimes. If we actually had a capable fourth estate, these idiots wouldn’t be getting away with the bullshit they’re perpetrating in public.

      Yes, it is the Murdoch influence at its worst.

      • MrDHalen

        What makes Republicans so bad is that they are working from the shadows with massive fortunes too reduce anybody but themselves into indentured servitude. I prefer someone to be open and upfront about their evil plans rather than quietly undermining my quality of life at every possible turn. They truly enjoy stepping on fellow helpless human beings. It’s sick!

        • Lexamich

          If they were upfront with their skullduggery, they’d have to leave the country, or at least cease what they’re doing. You’re right, some of these people are not troubled by what they are committing and, in fact, relish it all. America, at its core, disowns these fools and their ideology, so they’ve had to modify their approach. Within that modification, they’ve adapted to finding relief in the web of lies their entire existence up to this point entails. That is what you are witnessing when you see the imbeciles losing themselves and booing military personnel over something they’ve been coached to dislike. To lose the privilege of being meanies to some sect within the country that isn’t like them would probably cause them physical pain. The phenomenon is very real. It’s a contributing factor in spousal abuse, actually. Alcoholism and drug abuse, too.

          In fact, I garauntee you that if the Cons gave up all the bullshit ploys and such, domestic violence stats and other such incidents would rise. The nonsense serves as an outlet. For what? One needs to examine these folks on an intimate level to know for sure, but one can always study the political party they support for God knows what reason.

          Yes, in the broad scheme, some of these people truly need help. Whether they’ll accept that help is another matter. The GOP is coddling this insanity. The audience for these sham “debates” might as well have bonnets on their heads, diapers across their nethers, bibs on their chests, and pacifiers in their mouths.

        Lexaburn, I know that there are certainly worse people in the world, which is why I used the term “some of the….”.

        But really, as a group, they are among the worst, with no care for the rights and concerns of others, nor any regard for actual truth. They are only good for one thing, and that is judging others by their own imminently harsh and hypocritical standards.

        As Andrew Sullivan said yesterday “It has sickened me – the lack of morality, the lack of accountability, the constant recourse to mass amnesia [Sullivan is talking about the Bush administration]. And in a man like Perry, you see all the characteristics of this belligerent, diplomatically autistic, aggressively stupid, and fundamentalist psyche. The dragon we thought we had slain is stalking the land again.“. While Sullivan was talking about the Bush admin and Rick Perry, I see this as applying to a vast majority of modern Republicans.

        Don’t think so? Look at what the good little far right white Christians have been up to in Uganda.

        • Lexamich

          Nicole, I was referring to the Republidummies in the audience booing servicemen. Reading my comment again, I could have made it a little more clearer. Like writing “Those Cons are the equivalent of yadda-yadda-yadda….”

          Hell, girl, I’m the one who’s always telling everyone here that actually reads my comments that the party, as a whole, is full of villains the likes of which are found in comic books and stories to scare children.

          Teabaggers and the like are like Gremlins. They’ve already eaten after midnight, so throw water on them, and they’ll melt.

          In all seriousness, the malevolence taking place is bigger than the “Party Of No.” They’re just an unfortunate byproduct of powerful, yet sinister forces working against common people. The same as it ever was. They’ll learn as the other malefactors have, but I’m afraid a lot of innocent people are going to get hurt before they ever do reap what they’ve sown.

          Be careful, everyone.

            Yeah, I know, Lexaburn. We’re good. :)

  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    Support the president*. Support families**. Support those in need***. Support our children****. Support the American dream*****.

    *unless he’s black
    **unless they make under $1M
    ***unless what they need includes food, shelter or medical care
    ****unless they’re no longer fetuses
    *****unless that means allowing people into the country, finding work, buying a home, sending kids to college, and/or retiring

    • http://www.facebook.com/people/Maya-Grafmuller/1251338303 Maya Grafmuller

      Totally!

  • Jeffrey Savino

    To be fair it was just a few a$$holes in the crowd. The real message was that no one shut them down. Not a single “candidate”, not the “moderators”, not anyone else in the crowd said or did anything.
    That shows what kind of people republicans have become.

    Sheesh!

  • agrazingmoose

    Remember when McCain shut down that crazy lady that was calling Obama a communist, or some such thing, at one of his townhalls? That took honor and courage.

    I saw none of that on the stage last night.

    Shameful.

    • D_C_Wilson

      The last honorable thing I saw McCain or any other republican do.

    • jmby

      Although, he totally allowed that harpy at a private (but video recorded) fundraising party to refer to Hillary Clinton as “the Bitch” without doing the right, gentlemanly and statesman-like thing and telling that woman and others there that that language and attitude was unacceptable. He just chuckled. Guess he didn’t know someone was catching him on tape. McCain is a phony.

      • agrazingmoose

        Of course he is, but his interruption of that woman by disagreeing with a good moment for him.

        • agrazingmoose

          with/was

  • incredulous72

    I’m not surprised.

    republicans have been showing their hypocritical, fascist, racist, sexist, homophobic, narcissistic skins for the past few years. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before these kinds of scenes (cheering for 234 executions under Perry, howling for the hypothetical insured guy to die because he brought his plight on himself and now booing a gay soldier) became public knowledge. THIS IS the republican party, in all of its old and new glory.

    And for the record, I DO NOT believe that the majority of the country is in agreement with these poor excuses for human beings. NOT.EVEN.CLOSE.

  • Brutlyhonest

    For the right-wing power brokers, the support the military crap has always really been about supporting the defense industry. Before 9-11 changed things a bit, rummyCo was pushing large personnel cuts because “the troops” (and their families) cost too damn much. Especially all the benefits that the military-hating democrats fought for and won.

    Repeat every chance you get: Pro-defense industry is NOT the same as pro-military.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Last night’s debate will be remembered as the moment when republicans gave up any claim of “supporting our troops”. Not because of the handful who booed, but for the fact that not one member of the panel spoke up in his defense or thanked that soldier for his service.