Monthly Archives: October 2011

Trick or Treat

Artist – Pat Bagley In other news, according to a new report from the Center for American Progress, the spending cuts Republicans have insisted upon up to this point have cost the economy roughly 370,000 jobs. Because the GOP is … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Steve Jobs' Last Words

This is both chilling and hopeful. Steve Jobs’ last words, according to his sister: “OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.”

Posted in Quote | Tagged , | 22 Comments

Herman Cain's Sexual Harassment Timeline

Josh Marshall composed the predictably twisted and deceptive series of Cain campaign reactions to the sexual harassment allegations: 1. Politico allegations are false. Story is crap. 2. Yes, there were allegations. But they were false. 3. Yes there were allegations … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , , , | 5 Comments

Crazy Quote of the Day

“This is such a cool state. I mean, come on, “Live free or die”? You gotta love that, right? I come from a state where they had this little place called the Alamo, and they declared “Victory or death.” You … Continue reading

Posted in Quote, Wingnuts | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

Another Wildly False Remark from Herman Cain

Planned Parenthood, he said, is committing genocide against blacks: BOB SCHIEFFER: Okay. I want to ask you, since we’re on the subject of abortion, it was at one point back there when the question of Planned Parenthood came up and … Continue reading

Posted in Abortion | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

Pat Buchanan's Occupy Prediction

On this week’s McLaughlin Group, Buchanan predicted something that worried me a little. “It’s going to end very, very badly with these folks in the winter and they’re not going to be getting publicity and they’re going to be acting … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , | 13 Comments

Morning Awesome

Happy Halloween! Here’s Iron Maiden and “Fear of the Dark” live from Flight 666.

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Frankenstein’s Candidate

Artist – David Fitzsimmons To view photos and video of the president and first lady handing out Halloween treats to kids, and the president’s dog dressed as superman, you can go here. Also — this happened. “It’s snowing! In Winter! … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

Cain Professes His Love for “Papers Please”

As has been extensively documented, Alabama’s harsh “Papers Please” immigration law, HB 56, has been a complete disaster for the state of Alabama and rallying point for those who long for the days of Jim Crow. Anyone in their right … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , , | 5 Comments

Morning Awesome

Josh Pyke & Neko Case – “Long Time Gone”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Romney’s Position On Costumes

Artist – Nate Beeler In other news, Michele Bachmann, who promotes herself as a former tax litigation attorney, made the nonsensical and reality-defying statement today that families only paid 5 percent in taxes in 1950. Of course the problem for … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , | 5 Comments

Bring Your Guns

Bring your guns, but don’t bring your cameras to the Wisconsin state capital. A new plan crafted by Gov. Scott Walker (R) would allow guns in most of Wisconsin’s state Capitol, while most photos would still be banned. Under the … Continue reading

Posted in Guns | Tagged , , , , , | 11 Comments

Weird Quote of the Day

“You can’t be a perfectly lubricated weather vane on the important issues of the day.” Jon Huntsman on Mitt Romney A perfectly lubricated weather vane?

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , | 16 Comments

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday – “Star Force: Fugitive Alien II”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Bridging The Gap

Artist – Dave Granlund In other news, NATO declared today that October 31st will be the final day of operations in Libya. Just like Iraq! For an update on the condition of Scott Olsen, the veteran hit in the head … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , , | 3 Comments

Closeted Keynesians

The Republicans love job-killing spending cuts, unless those cuts and jobs happen to come out of the Military Industrial Complex that is. With just a under a month until the deficit Super Committee must recommend policies that cut the 10 … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , | 5 Comments

Enough Disease and Fungus!

If Wall Street wants fungus, we’ll have our chef shave a little white truffle! The corporate media is an embarrassment.

Posted in Comedy | Tagged , , , , , | 1 Comment

A Recidivist Reviser

Is this why Mitt Romney is changing his position on climate change for the umpteenth time? Conservative columnist, and frequent Sunday morning bobble-head guest, George Will has a problem with Mitt Romney and his use of facts. Romney, supposedly the … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , | 7 Comments

I Still Don't Think Romney Can Win

The Republicans are going to nominate someone else because this is ridiculous: “I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer. And number two, I believe that humans contribute to that. I don’t know how much … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , | 18 Comments

The Libertarian Fantasy Utopia

That judge character with the impossibly low hairline from Fox News Channel was the guest on The Daily Show last night, and he mentioned this bit of nonsense about free market healthcare: Stewart told Napolitano it was “insane” to trust … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , , | 19 Comments