Another Phony Excuse

Woops! Here’s another Republican excuse for why the Job Creators aren’t creating, ya’ know, jobs, that completely falls apart after close scrutiny.

Obama’s White House approved 613 federal rules during the first 33 months of his term, 4.7 percent fewer than the 643 cleared by President George W. Bush’s administration in the same time frame, according to an Office of Management and Budget statistical database reviewed by Bloomberg. [...]

In the last 12 months through the end of September, the cost range of new regulations is estimated to be $8 billion to $9 billion, a decrease from 2010, according to non-partisan Government Accountability Office reports analyzed by Bloomberg[…]

The record [cost of regulations] came in 1992 under George H.W. Bush when that total hit $20.9 billion in current dollars. In the last year of Ronald Reagan’s term it was $16 billion in today’s dollars.

So much for those “job-killing” regulations snuffing out the life of the Job Creators.

The Obama Administration has implemented fewer regulations than the Bush Administration did at this point, and the cost of those regulation has been far lower than any previous administration dating back to the presidency of Saint Reagan.

Was Ronald Reagan a job-killing regulator?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    Facts schmacts.

    I don’t think hostage takers are often swayed by statistics.

    “Facts are stupid things.” — Ronald Reagan. Even here, being a good conservative, Reagan got it wrong: it’s a quote from John Adams, “Facts are stubborn things.”

    Was Ronald Reagan a job-killing regulator?

    Well, actually….

  • trgahan

    I work on the regulation side of things and we get paid around $1,500 for regulatory compliance per natural gas well, which the company will make $10 million a day on when its operational. yeah, we’re really bringing them down.