Crazy Quote of the Day

“We got kooks running Washington, basically. Kooks are in charge of our government. You all can recognize a kook, but the media seems to not understand. Around two years ago, some guy in New Mexico claimed he was the messiah. And the press couldn’t figure it out. I’m sorry, but the answer to that is real simple. You take them five miles off the coast and let ‘em out. If he walks home, you think about it. If he sinks to the bottom, then he probably wasn’t the messiah. But we’ve got people like that in Washington running our agencies. People are declaring that we descended from apes. Now, I know that’s not true. The argument that we descended from sheep is still an open question. But the ape idea is completely out of line.” Rep. Steve Pearce (R-N.M.) during a speech in which he attacked environmentalists

And we have a new member of the Crazy Caucus (Steve King, Michele Bachmann, Louie Gohmert).

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Robert Scalzi

    I am a decendant of the Great Pasta ball in the sky…. PASTAFARIANISM FOREVER !!! ( sorry for the double post, forgot the heavenly image…
    he he)

  • Robert Scalzi

    I am a decendant of the Great Pasta ball in the sky…. PASTAFARIANISM FOREVER !!!

    He did prove his point about there being crazy people in Washington, just not in the way he intended.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    The stunning lack of self-awareness has become my favorite part of the Republican Party.

    He’s been getting his ideas from the Malleus Maleficarum (“The Witches Hammer”).

  • dildenusa

    Is the pot calling the kettle black? It sounds like it. Somebody needs to tell this guy that Darwin never said we evolved from apes or monkeys. In fact, scientific knowledge now points to the possibility that all primates descended from a common ancestor around 85 million years ago that had the ability to walk upright and led to a bipedal ancestor of modern humans.

    Oh, now I understand what this whacko is saying, the Earth is only 6 thousands years old and we were created when GOD waved his magic wand.

    • Brutlyhonest

      Incorrectly opining that evolution means humans descended from apes is a key aspect of their anti-science agenda. It is scientific fact that organisms evolve to adapt to their environment, but if you admit that then the huckleberries might start “believing” other science and then there goes the neighborhood.

  • ThoseNerds

    So now we have a major party that believes in the same thing that puritans believed during the Salem Witch Trials? Great. Steve Pearce…go sit down and put your head on the desk until the bell to leave rings.

  • agrazingmoose

    I am beginning to think that crack cocaine use is becoming epidemic among conservatives.

  • muselet

    The argument that we descended from sheep is still an open question.

    New Mexico, where men are men and the sheep are nervous.

    –alopecia (who is very, very sorry)

      Oh, you are not. :)

  • http://www.facebook.com/Jrosario1701 Justin Rosario

    “I’m sorry, but the answer to that is real simple. You take them five miles off the coast and let ‘em out. If he walks home, you think about it. If he sinks to the bottom, then he probably wasn’t the messiah.” OK, at least that was funny!

  • Draxiar

    I can’t believe the money I pay in taxes goes towards giving this f*ckwit a paycheck.

  • D_C_Wilson

    If he sinks, he’s not the messiah, but if he floats, he’s a witch. Burn him!!!!!!!!

  • Byproxy73

    I think Allen West and Joe Walsh qualify for the Crazy Caucus, too. The numbers are growing.

      I believe the total is up to 289 (242 in the House and 47 in the Senate).

        Oh, wait. That’s the Evil Caucus. Not all that is Evil is Crazy.

    Greeeeeeeeat. Another whackadoodle whose Dem opponent I need to bankroll. I’m not made of money, Republicans!!!