Doing Their Patriotic Duty

Good news everyone, the Koch Brother’s have created jobs. In Iran.

Koch Industries made “improper payments” to win contracts in other countries, and circumvented a U.S. trade ban in selling petrochemicals to Iran, according to an investigation by Bloomberg News.

Asjylyn Loder and David Evans of Bloomberg report that in 2008, an internal investigative team was sent to the company’s Koch-Glitsch affiliate in southern France to probe the company’s management, and discovered that since 2002, the company had paid out bribes to win contracts in six countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

From the Bloomberg report, Koch Industries was also found to have used foreign subsidiaries to avoid a U.S. ban on trade with Iran that’s been in place since 1995.

Because Iran is one of the favorite boogeymen of the Right Wing, does this mean the Koch Brothers will now join the ranks of the most wanted alongside President Ahmadinejad?

No?

Oh, that’s right. If you commit a crime or violate sanctions put in place by your own country in the name of Capitalism, it’s okay. The Right Wing may even pat you on the back and say job well done.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Corporate Crime and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Obviously following the example of Halliburton. When will we hear about the bakseesh they paid to do business with Iran? (Maybe some arms for oil action?)

    Talk about treasonous behavior, geez! Another Holy Lie…

    The Koch brothers are no. 1 on my ongoing list for tarring and feathering.

    These guys evidently have no loyalty to anyone but themselves.

  • D_C_Wilson

    The Koch’s father made his millions drilling oil wells for Stalin. Treasonous actions in order to make a buck runs in the family.

      Well, that figures! What a bunch of scum. I wonder if they’re “true believers” or if they’re just Randian greedy bastards?