He’s Not Mitt Romney

One of the funniest Colbert segmets in recent memory.

Still laughing.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/TVHilton Tom Hilton

    I think the woman huffing paint is the one who came up with this other Cain campaign ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSlC7BxmSqY

    Weirdest thing I think I’ve ever seen–so weird I still wonder if I was hallucinating when I saw it.

      What the fuck was that?

    • agrazingmoose

      Okay. There IS a serious drug problem among conservatives. Mark my words.

      That was plain idiotic and completely random! And the dialog….

      “What are you guys, liberals?”
      “Card carrying.”

    • bphoon

      So…what I take away from that is that you need to be an effete, elitist asshole to identify with Herman Cain…about right?

  • muselet

    Laugh-out-loud funny, but Colbert’s mock adverts looked too professional—they miss the best elements of the real thing: the wonky misframing, the zooms on nothing in particular and the random edits.

    I do have to wonder, though: what does it mean when a real campaign ad is funnier than any possible parody? Are we being punked? At some point, is Herman Cain going to reach up and peel a latex mask off—Mission Impossible-style—and reveal he’s really … zombie George Carlin?

    Enquiring minds want to know.

    I’ve watched it twice and I’m never going to recover.

    “A slow smile contest.”

    That’s gonna linger for years.