More of the Same

House Majority Shitkicker Eric Cantor was scheduled to give a speech today concerning income inequality, but he flew a white flag after learning that members of the public would be able to attend.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) is abruptly pulling out of a scheduled Friday lecture on income equality at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Business School, according to the school.

Progressive and labor groups, including Occupy Philadelphia, MoveOn.org, the local AFL-CIO, and AFSCME, were planning a protest for the event. According to CNN, Cantor cancelled the speech over what he claims was a decision by the school to open the event to the public, preferring to instead keep attendance limited to students and faculty. Cantor was also concerned about “reports” that the university was working with protestors, CNN says.

Don’t get your hopes up. Eric Cantor was not prepared to repent his sins and commit himself to correcting the astonishing income inequality in America.

ThinkProgress shares with us an excerpt from his prepared remarks.

There are politicians and others who want to demonize people that have earned success in certain sectors of our society. They claim that these people have now made enough, and haven’t paid their fair share. But, pitting Americans against one another tends to deflate the aspirational spirit of our people and fade the American dream. I believe that the most successful among us are positioned to use their talents to help grow our economy and give everyone a hand up the ladder and the dignity of a job. We should encourage them to extend their creativity and generosity to helping build the community infrastructure that provides a hand up and a fair shot to those less fortunate.

We shouldn’t pit Americans against other Americans, like the Tea Party does, and we should continue to rely on trickle down economics and the Job Creators™ to pull us out of this deep hole we’re in.

This was Eric Cantor’s big idea for reversing the trend of growing income disparity. More of the same.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Fuck Eric Cantor. Seriously, there are very few people in the world for whom I have absolutely nothing positive to say. Eric Cantor is near the top of the list. Fuck him and his smug, arrogant face.

    • jmby

      You said it perfectly. My blood pressure probably shoots through the roof just thinking the words Eric and Cantor. It can’t be healthy for me to harbor such horrible wishes for this piece of human excrement, but I simply cannot help it. I truly hate him and everything he represents. He’s the Rep for my parents’ Congressional district, and their fury at him surpasses even mine. Eric Cantor is a cancer.

    Hahaha….Cantor’s afraid to face those he seeks to injure with his bullshit philosophy.

    What a coward he is, on top of all the other pejoratives he has been called.

    That’s why members of the House have shorter terms. So they can spend more time formulating escape routes away from angry constituents.

  • bphoon

    Cantor’s the smarmiest fuck since Oliver North invented smarmy.

    • Brutlyhonest

      I have very little positive to say about north, but at least he did participate in serving this country honorably before he was corrupted. That fucking fuck cantor has always been a privileged asshole bastard so I don’t think the two compare.

      • bphoon

        True, North did honorably serve our country–right up until the Iran-Contra thing.

        I only compare Cantor to North after his retirement from the military. I remember seeing video of him during his Senate campaign in Virginia and he used the most fake, pandering to the right-wingers smile imaginable. I could literally see him looking over the shoulder of whoever he was supposed to be talking to searching for his next target. His puffy, jowly face and empty eyes just made my skin crawl.

        Cantor evokes the same feeling in me.

  • Monique Yeaton

    Not at all surprised that he’s pandering to the same old tired and tried b.s.