Quote of the Day

“I didn’t hear him say anything when the tea party was out demonstrating, actually spitting on members of Congress right here in the Capitol. And he and his colleagues were putting signs in the windows encouraging them.” Nancy Pelosi rightfully accusing Eric Cantor of hypocrisy regarding the #OWS movement

None of this is a surprise, of course. The Republicans will oppose anything remotely associated with the left or the Democrats. Hell, if we came out in favor of tax cuts, limited government and an across-the-board abortion ban, they’d take the opposite position. They’re Daffy Duck in the Rabbit Fire episode (with apologies to Daffy).

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Ugh…the hypocrisy of the right is exhausting…

  • andrewdski

    “Hell, if we came out in favor of tax cuts, limited government and an across-the-board abortion ban, they’d take the opposite position.”

    Wait — you’re on to something there. This might actually work.

    • incredulous72

      I was thinking the same thing, but I don’t want to experiment and try and prove that point.

    As Chris Hedges recently pointed out, we’re actually the conservatives these days; the Republicans are far-right fringe radicals. Think about this: between the Teabagger GOP and progressives, not only would Dwight Eisenhower be on our side, but so would Barry Goldwater, the ‘father of modern conservatism.’ It’s enough to give you whiplash.

    Chris Hedges interview:
    http://www.nationofchange.org/chris-hedges-interview-lang-and-oleary-exchange-1318350391

      No further comment.

  • Jose Valenzuela

    If they just check the facts before they talked then maybe, just maybe, they would hear an echo in their heads..