The Kingmaker Speaks

Boss Limbaugh came out against Mitt Romney today by simply stating to his listeners that Romney isn’t a conservative like they are.

Speaking on his radio show yesterday, Rush Limbaugh lashed out against GOP candidate Mitt Romney.

“Romney is not a conservative,” the conservative commentator said. “He’s not, folks. You can argue with me all day long on that, but he isn’t… This isn’t personal, not with what country faces and so forth. I like him very much. I’ve spent some social time with him. He’s a fine guy. He’s very nice gentleman. He is a gentleman. But he’s not a conservative.”

Limbaugh saying Romney “is a gentleman but not a conservative” seems like code-word to his listeners for “he’s a liberal pussy,” and if you read conservative discussion forums that’s what you will find people saying, but I digress.

In the face of this criticism, Mitt Romney will probably ratchet up the campaign to appear more conservative. Talk about raising taxes on poor people. Banning abortion and gay marriage. Ya’ know, typical conservative stuff. And the problem for Mitt Romney is none of it comes off as genuine. Not to the Tea Party, not to Evangelicals, who don’t trust him for other reasons, and not to shock jock hosts like Boss Limbaugh and his die-hard listeners.

Together those groups comprise the entirety of the Lunatic Base, and they just aren’t into Mitt Romney.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • ThoseNerds

    Well sadly I think this is where Herman Cain goes for the death blow against Romney. Not having Limbaugh’s backing is crucial these days. Cain will keep surging and get absolutely destroyed in a battle with Obama. To be honest, Romney is their only real chance. He seems business like and polished enough to appear reasonable. The fact that he isn’t that reasonable anymore is completely irrelevant. The 9-9-9 plan will be all the rage with the ditto heads in the upcoming days and weeks. You will see many bumper stickers declaring conservative love for Cainmentum. The only problem is that Cain is a economic mental midget and he will have circles run around him when Obama is in full campaign mode.

    So I guess…Go Cain!

    It’s encouraging to see the Know-Nothing Party committing slow suicide. If Romney somehow manages to win the GOP nomination, how long before Perry, Cain or Bachmann becomes his third party challenger? Frankly, I don’t think Obama even needs to debate the Mittster; he can just show video clips of Romney debating himself. This current version of the GOP is bereft of ideas and catering to an increasingly unpopular fringe-right ‘Sharron Angle’ base — how long can that last?

  • D_C_Wilson

    The best part about supporting Romney is that no matter what your position is on any issue, he agrees with you.

    But look at the poll numbers over the past couple of months. Bachmann has gone up and down. Perry has gone up and down. Cain has now moved up. Meanwhile, Romney’s numbers haven’t budged one iota. His support in the GOP is at exactly the same point it was in August. Nothing he does can move those numbers. Three out of four republicans do not like him and that doesn’t seem to be changing at all. He can’t win unless he gets some kind of traction going.

  • Brutlyhonest

    fatty mcfatass said the same stuff about mccain during the early primaries.