What Could Go Wrong?

The phrase “epic fail” just doesn’t seem to effectively convey the level of dumbstupid on display in situations like this.

A Tennessee lawmaker who is a major proponent of legislation allowing gun owners to carry firearms in bars was arrested on Tuesday and charged with driving under the influence and possession of a handgun while under the influence, Davidson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to TPM.

Rep. Curry Todd (R) was pulled over around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to the local Fox affiliate. Todd allegedly failed a roadside sobriety test and refused to take a breathalyzer test, the Associated Press reports. The gun — a Smith & Wesson 38 Special — was holstered next to the driver’s seat and loaded.

According to the police affidavit, Todd was “very unsteady on his feet, almost falling down at times. … His speech was slurred, his eyes were red, watery and bloodshot. … The subject was obviously very impaired and not in any condition to be carrying a loaded handgun.”

Legalizing guns in bars? What could go wrong?

Evidently, we’ve just seen what could go wrong, and we have one of the legislation’s sponsors to thank for enlightening us.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Tom Reindl

    “very unsteady on his feet, almost falling down at times. … His speech was slurred, his eyes were red, watery and bloodshot. ”

    That describes just about every true redneck I’ve ever met. REAL Americans lock their guns up to keep them away from children and stupid people. This clown is referenced at the front of every power tool owner’s manual ever written. You know the ones; like making sure to never use a corded circular saw while standing in a lake. (yes, I actually witnessed a man do this once…with extension cord swaying in the waves.)

    If it weren’t for the damage they do everyone else, I’d say, let him drink and shoot…maybe the human evolutionary chain will improve if we get rid of enough of these morons.

  • http://www.intoxination.net intoxination

    That’s not all. Ohio had it’s first arrest today too since allowing guns in bars. Guy gets drunk and into an argument with some guy, goes home and gets his gun. Oh and this is one of those “law abiding citizens” with a conceal carry permit!

    http://intoxination.net/jamie/two-states-open-gun-laws-now-facing-test

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1432102542 Tim Neuenhaus

    State Sen. Jimmy Stewart, R-Athens – “I see nothing to suggest a law abiding citizen suddenly is going to become a non-law abiding citizen just because they enter an establishment that serves alcohol.”

    That is until he gets a few in him and then as Bob says: “What could go wrong?”

    As a gun owner and avid skeet shooter these guys do more damage to leagally owned guns than they help. They need to STFU lock up their guns in a gun safe (mine are) and trigger lock them. Nuff said!

  • D_C_Wilson

    What is the definition of irony?

    Well, there’s always the bright side — maybe they’ll just shoot each other. After all, who’s more belligerent and trigger-finger itchy than a redneck with a belly full of rotgut? (Not that I believe anyone should die of gunshot wounds, of course, but I’m just sayin’…)