Monthly Archives: November 2011

Backwards

Artist – Adam Zyglis In other news, Bob Vander Plaats, whose Family Leader organization produced the infamous 14-point marriage fidelity pledge, is reportedly tweaking the pledge so that Newt Gingrich, the thrice married man who had an affair while his … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , , | 4 Comments

Best Persons

This could just as easily be a Worst Persons post on behalf of Deutsche Bank, but I’m going to go with Best Persons on account of the sheriff’s deputies and mover’s actions. Yesterday, a Deutsche Bank branch in Atlanta had … Continue reading

Posted in Ethics | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

You’re Not Helping

Another sign that the Occupy movement might be losing its way as it’s hijacked by libertarians and anarchists. TPM has learned a group of DC Occupiers plan to hold a demonstration outside a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee high-dollar fundraiser for, … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , | 40 Comments

Congress, Not POTUS, Approves of Indefinite Detention

For the fourth time since President Obama took office, congress voted in favor of continuing indefinite detention yesterday, and a by-product of that will be the continued operation of the prison located at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. WASHINGTON — The polarized … Continue reading

Posted in Congress | Tagged , , , , | 19 Comments

The 300-Million Payer System

Newt Gingrich was in favor of the individual mandate before he was against it. Caught on video in 2005: “I mean, I am very opposed to a single-payer system — but I’m actually in favor of a 300 million-payer system. … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | 8 Comments

Mitt Romney Gets a Taste of His Own Medicine

This is hilarious. Romney is pissed at the Democrats for apparently taking his words out of context in a kickass new video: Baier: I’m sure you’ve seen these ads, using videotape of you in previous years, speaking on various issues. … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , | 3 Comments

Dick Quote of the Day

“We’ve got real issues to talk about not the latest bimbo eruption.” Jon Huntsman on coverage of the Herman Cain campaign It’s unbelievably sexist to label all of Cain’s accusers as “bimbos” — especially the women who Cain sexually harassed. … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , | 9 Comments

Morning Awesome

Florence + The Machine – “You’ve Got the Love”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Illegal Aliens

Artist – Bill Day In other news, according to Bloomberg News, former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson leaked inside information to hedge fund traders prior to the government takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac during the 2008 financial crisis.

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , , | 5 Comments

Gingrich: Executions for Drug Possession

It’s an All Gingrich Tuesdee here. Here’s Newt endorsing the Singapore drug policy which executes people for possession: If you’re serious about the latter view, then we need to think through a strategy that makes it radically less likely that … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , , | 16 Comments

Quote of the Day

Even Herman Cain does not take Herman Cain seriously anymore. Asked by an NBC reporter to expand on the report that he’s “reassessing” staying in the race after an Atlanta woman said she had an affair with him for the … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Gingrich Foreign Policy is Bush/Cheney 2.0

What would would the foreign policy of a Newt Gingrich presidency look like? Just ask his team of foreign policy advisers. David Wurmser: Gingrich’s Middle East policy adviser was a notorious member of Vice President Cheney’s inner circle that pushed … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | 11 Comments

America Is Back!

The Colbert Report returned just in time last night. The Colbert ReportGet More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,Video Archive

Posted in Comedy | Tagged , , , , | 2 Comments

Just Another Crazy

Or maybe not. WASHINGTON — A man charged with attempting to assassinate US President Barack Obama by firing an assault rifle at the White House has been declared fit to stand trial, but the government Monday called for more tests … Continue reading

Posted in Guns | Tagged , , , , | 3 Comments

Gingrich is a Terrible, Terrible Historian

He used to teach a history class at Kennesaw State College in Georgia. Among a wide variety of inaccurate nonsensical non-history… Gingrich’s historical selectivity and outright errors are, well, revealing. He manages to get through the entire Civil War without … Continue reading

Posted in Racism | Tagged , , , , , , | 19 Comments

Drug Tests for Citizens Who Receive Government Money

Newt Gingrich pitching a right-wing standard: “I think that we need to consider taking more explicit steps to make it expensive to be a drug user. It could be through testing before you get any kind of federal aid. Unemployment … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , | 18 Comments

Morning Awesome

The Flaming Lips – “Do You Realize?” Flashing back to when the Flaming Lips wrote great songs. Honestly, I have no idea what the hell they’re doing anymore (warning: link is disturbing, loud and awful).

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | 4 Comments

Suckers

Artist – Joe Heller In other news, this happened today. A mistress of 13 years would seem to make Herman Cain’s other accusers appear more credible.

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , | 3 Comments

Santa Claus is Heavily Armed

If this wasn’t so awful, it would be hilarious. The Scottsdale Gun Club in Arizona is offering a twist on the annual photo with Santa by allowing rifle-wielding families to pose alongside St. Nick. On their website, the shooting range … Continue reading

Posted in Guns | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

Two Men in One Body

This may be the most scathing political ad out of the DNC I’ve ever seen, and it is glorious. Flawless victory. And entirely free of hyperbole I might add. Simply Mitt Romney in his own words.

Posted in Election 2012 | Tagged , , , | 7 Comments