Best Persons

This could just as easily be a Worst Persons post on behalf of Deutsche Bank, but I’m going to go with Best Persons on account of the sheriff’s deputies and mover’s actions.

Yesterday, a Deutsche Bank branch in Atlanta had requested the eviction of Vita Lee, a 103-year-old Atlanta woman, and her 83-year-old daughter. Both were terrified of being removed from their home of 53 years and had no idea where they’d go next.

But when the movers hired by the bank and police were dispatched to evict the two women, they had a change of heart.

103 and 83 years old? Evicted? Really?

Thank you to the deputies and movers who decided not to proceed as ordered.

Don’t blame the big banks! Blame yourself! -Herman Cain

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • nellcote

    Even worse, Chase is the “local” bank doing the dirty work for Deutsche Bank. And while the family has the money, they can’t get Chase to take a payment.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Oscar-Jimison/100001431764474 Oscar Jimison

    People throw all kinds of shit at the south. Even though plenty of it is justified, the way the movers and police handled this situation is probably more typical of the south than any other region of the country.

    • MrDHalen

      I have felt you can get strong passions in the south; from unending hospitality to disturbing cruelty. Much of the south will break their backs for their neighbors; I just get the feeling that most don’t want someone making them do it.

      • Paul Warren Jr

        I think that is a great way of putting it, there is a lot of natural brotherhood for the common man in the South. Except… when someone who they perceive as outside their group is the one insisting they act that way.