Beyond Parody

Representative Joe Walsh, who owes the mother of his children over $117,000 in child support payments, received a “pro-family” award yesterday from the Family Research Council.

The same Hegemony of White Men Family Research Council that lobbied the Republican presidential candidates to sign their pledge to, among other things, ban abortion and Sharia law.

The Family Research Council Action Committee has lauded freshman Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) for his “unwavering support of the family,” despite the fact that Walsh’s ex-wife claims he owes her more than $100,000 in child support payments.

The FRCA named Walsh a “True Blue” member of Congress, saying that his commitment to anti-abortion causes and his for voting record in support of, “faith, family and freedom,” were worthy of admiration.

Apparently the way you display your “unwavering support of the family” is by not supporting the family.

Because the best way to support families is by limiting access to birth control and abortion and thus increasing the number of children with single parents. Ya’ know, like the mother of Joe Walsh’s children.

Conservatism is a mental illness.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Corebela

    Sheesh thought my dad was bad with child support. It’s like they are just throwing it in our faces how much they just don’t care about anything but stopping abortion and gays.

  • Zen Diesel

    I nearly spit out my water from laughing so hard when I saw the pic, because I had just sent my friends an email about the same story with my Godzilla Facepalm,

    No, no, no… it’s “unwavering support for the Family [Research Council]”.

  • mzmijewski

    Shouldn’t he be a “True Red” member of congress. No Sharia Law is a good thing. We don’t need Hindu law, Christian law or Buddist law either.

      At this rate if the Evangelicals keep taking power like this we WILL be living under Sharia law. I dare anyone to tell me what is different about Sharia law v. Evangelical law based on the Old Testament (other than perhaps the Burka). I was raised Southern Baptist and women are treated like complete shit. The fact that women can wear normal dresses in the U.S. doesn’t comfort me when all the rest of their patriarchal tyranny is being enacted into law. This kind of stuff makes me want to go all Postal…..grrrrrrrr

  • GrafZeppelin127

    This isn’t conservatism, Bob. Being a conservative, if that word is to have any meaning at all, is not the same as being a Republican politician, officeholder, candidate, supporter, enabler, voter, media commentator, propagandist, benefactor, or fan. Being an actual conservative no longer has anything to do with wanting Republicans to win elections, and the inverse as well.

    This isn’t conservatism; it’s being a fan of the GOP. Conservatism isn’t a mental illness; Republican politics is.

  • Robert Scalzi

    All I have to say is the more I am aware of what passes for “Serious” politics and “Serious” Politicians the more I need my therapist… and the way things are going I might just need a bed there before it gets any better….sheeesh and a half.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Further proof that “Pro-family” is simply a measure of how much you hate gays and abortion, and nothing at all to do with how you treat actual, you know, families.