Birtherism Just Won’t Die

It may no longer be receiving the media attention it once did, but Birtherism is still alive and well and it showed its ugly face in the state of New Hampshire yesterday.

The birther wars continue. Orly Taitz, birther queen of California, personally filed a complaint in New Hampshire on Saturday that challenged President Obama’s U.S. citizenship and argued for his removal from the state’s ballot, reports the Concord Monitor.

New Hampshire’s electoral governing body, the Ballot Law Commission, turned down the complaint in a public hearing via 5-0 vote. It got pretty ugly shortly thereafter.

“Traitors!” screamed the members of the attending public. “Treason!”

“You have no decency! You have no honesty! You’re committing treason!”

The group of birthers, which included several New Hampshire state representatives, erupted after the decision, shouting at the commission attorneys as they tried to exit the hearing room. Another state representative apparently suggested committee members should cover their face with a mask if they ever found themselves in his district.

New Hampshire! Thought to be a bastion of moderate and independent-leaning conservatives. The state Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman have staked their entire campaigns on.

If the members of the public in attendance are any indication of primary voter sentiments, that may have been a big mistake.

Conservatism is a mental illness.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • sherifffruitfly

    Thanks again for inventing birtherism, Hillary supporters!

  • http://twitter.com/TyJuanOn Kari Hope

    Everytime they rear their ugly heads, we donate $50 to Pres Obama’s campaign. :)

  • villemar

    The translation of “Obama wasn’t born in the United States” is simply “I hate niggers.” End of story.

    • jmby

      When I called in and stated this on TALK OF THE NATION, the idea was summarily dismissed with the reply, “There hasn’t been any study to back that up.”

      Right. Soooo over the whole “Let’s Ignore The Obvious So As Not To Piss Off The Crazy Conservatives And Stay Under Their Radar And Be Able To Say We’re Fair” bullshit. Everyone knows this President has received more hate mail and threats that any other, and it isn’t because he’s a Democrat. We’ve had Democrat Presidents before. Even the Clintons didn’t garner this much hate, and we all recall how much Republicans hated seeing them in the White House.

      Even some Democrats seem to treat him as their “boy”, and hate him because he’s been uppity enough to follow his own conscience and beliefs, and not their agenda.

      .

    • GrafZeppelin127

      No; I think it’s “I hate Democrats” for most of them.

      • villemar

        It transcends that into staright racism. Most Republicans hate Democrats. It’s that extra special kind of hate that pushes over the diehard Birfers.

      • D_C_Wilson

        It’s both. The fact that he is black with an “exotic” name just gives them more fuel for their hate. If it wasn’t birtherism, it would be something else.

        • Plugger

          His ears are too big.

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    State motto: “Live Free or Die.” Is it wrong of me to prefer the latter? They should change their motto to, “Just Make Shit Up.”

  • dildenusa

    Orly Taitz has 3 things. Deep seeded psychological problems, too much money that she doesn’t know what to do with, and too much time on her hands. She needs to get a real hobby.

    • villemar

      She needs to get committed into a psych ward and kept in a straightjacket in a rubber room and kept on a massive dosage of thorazine for the rest of her ugly, hateful life.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I see birtherism as the gift that keeps on giving. Every time Oily Taints crawls out from under her rock, the more moderates see the real ugly face of the opposition.

  • Plugger

    Well, at least New Hampshire (where I live) found five people to put on the Ballot Commission who are not complete idiots.

  • hanadora444

    If John McCain had been elected president in 2008 would we be hearing the same complaints about him? After all, McCain actually WAS born outside of the US.

  • Robert Scalzi

    My question is why weren’t those moronic tools arrested ?? if this was during the height of the Iraq police action and they were wearing pink they would have been carted off to the Grey Bar Hotel… Absolutely disgusting that they were allowed to shout venom and have to be forcibly removed w/ no arrests WTF ?? the peaceful OWS activists are pepper sprayed and clubbed, and for what ?? . sometimes I wonder what country I live in

      Robert, this bothers me as well. However, I know that Pres. Obama doesn’t want to punish dissenters by arresting them the way that Pres. Bush did. So on a national level there is a definite policy shift on this issue (and for the good IMHO).

      However, you have to remember these kinds of events are supervised by local police and local police are almost always going to be on the conservative side of an issue–I know this is a stereotype and I use it based on my anecdotal evidence of having worked as a LEO. So, yes, the liberal protests have been treated differently than the conservative ones.

      What gets me is the rabid nature of the protesters….I mean are they just agitators or are they true believers? If they really believe, then I think we’re in trouble because I’ve been seeing a lot of true believers on the conservative side. Those people make me nervous, very nervous. I’m not sure that arresting is the right thing to do though since it simply feeds into their paranoia. Ignoring them and letting them show their asses is probably the BEST course of action.

      • Robert Scalzi

        Indeed… Progressives are pepper sprayed and arrested to Prevent , whereas Cons only get arrested after they commit an act of violence… How come we never hear about the right wing white supremacist Spokane bomber anymore ?? after they caught him it disappeared from the news in what seemed like 30 seconds… I disagree with the not arresting them part but also know there will be consequences when the crazies that aren’t arrested freak out and go all “Falling Down” around the country, yet I am not afraid of them…they are TOTAL FUCKING WIMPS when it gets down and dirty, we can Take em in whatever forum they want to challenge us. They can dish it out but sure as hell can’t take it.

          Oh, I’m not afraid of them in that sense…we can definitely take em if they get out of hand. I’d just hate to see my country torn apart by violence. Also, it’s their willingness to resort to violence and make the charge of treason…their insatiable need to assume that anyone that disagrees with them MUST be an enemy of the state, that insanity is frightening. A wise person would understand what it means to make such an extreme charge and would avoid it all costs until they see no way around it. These people are foolish and often ignorant.