Dick Quote of the Day

“We’ve got real issues to talk about not the latest bimbo eruption.” Jon Huntsman on coverage of the Herman Cain campaign

It’s unbelievably sexist to label all of Cain’s accusers as “bimbos” — especially the women who Cain sexually harassed. The word implies the women are sexually promiscuous and stupid. Weird how Huntsman jumped to that conclusion.

Your “reasonable” Republican.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Huntsman will never get his turn at being not-Romney. It’s not gonna happen

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Bob-Olivarez/1281985566 Bob Olivarez

    Pity. Even though I would never vote for him based on his policies, he had made me respect him because he didn’t delve into stupidity…until now.

    • gobrooklyn

      Huntsman delved into stupidity several months ago when he endorsed the Ryan Plan.

      • laddieluv

        OMG. You’re so right.

        Forgot about that.

        And here I, too, thought Huntsman was the only semi-sane rethug.

        *bangheadhere*

      Bob, my thoughts exactly! I thought he was too smart to say something so dumb.

  • Terypat

    I think he could have been referring to the slang that “real journalists” use among themselves when they are writing the latest bimbo story, however I won’t discount Huntsman’s remark – it was sexist. I’m just saying I doubt he came up with it all by himself, but heard it among his peers. Wink. Wink. Nod. Nod.

    • drsquid

      “Bimbo eruption” was actually coined in ’92 by Betsey Wright, Bill Clinton’s chief of staff back in Arkansas until ’89.

      Using teh google, the term has been making the round for the last 3 weeks regarding Herman Cain throughout the wingnutosphere. Emuvosis also used it regarding some schmuck in the UK.

  • Robert Scalzi

    What do you expect from a magic underpants wearing misogynist . what he could have said ( and maybe would have if he wasn’t a magic underpants wearing misogynist) was We have real issues to discuss people not Herman’s latest erection, but Huntsman is a a magic underpants wearing misogynist

  • mrbrink

    The most important aspect of this for conservatives is that we’re taking pleasure in smearing a good man because we’re too small-minded to understand revolutionary ideas like 9-9-9, or something like that.

    There should be social consequences for attempting to place a sociopath like Herman Cain anywhere near authority.

    If you backed Herman Cain, you have hereby forfeited your turn in the national debate and should immediately head to the nearest exit and go fuck yourselves hardy in the alley with a rolled up atlas.