How Much Does the Internet Weigh?

At some point, someone had to ask. This is really cool:

Answer? 0.2 millionths of an ounce.

By the way… And they say Macs don’t get viruses. A new trojan is targeting Macs. More here.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Science and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Madam1

    My Mac got hit. Fuckers!

  • http://twitter.com/eaglesfanintn eaglesfanintn

    That was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen – thanks for sharing!

    Fascinating. And mind boggling.

  • muselet

    Very cool. It never occurred to me that the information on the internet weighs anything, let alone a few micrograms.

    Yes, Macs are susceptible to malware. No surprise. As with Windows and Linux, common sense and a good anti-malware package should keep the problem mostly under control.

    Anyone who says Macs don’t get viruses is either lying or doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The main reason PCs have historically been more vulnerable is that, when Windows was 90% of the OS market, it was the bigger target. Now that Macs are growing in popularity, virus hackers are starting to take notice.

  • http://twitter.com/KenInCO Ken Johnson

    Macs don’t get viruses. Viruses install themselves and pass themselves on to other computers without any action from the user. There is a minuscule amount of Mac malware out there, but it requires the user to install it by entering an administrator password. BIG difference from a virus. My Mac has never been infected by anything because I’m not stupid enough to enter my password to okay installation of malware.