Rep. Joe Walsh Loses Shpadoinkle

Man, Joe Walsh gets really pissed when regular Americans complain about banks that jeopardized the world economy then took billions in taxpayer bailouts. Timecode 1:19…

Oh, and he wants to entirely do away with all government regulations? And this will somehow prevent the banks and Wall Street from pulling more scams? Joe Walsh lives in a fantasy world of Randian nonsense.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/airplane68 Dave Fellner

    This video is private :(

    Give the guy a break… he just heard the returns from yesterday’s elections and his fee-fees were hurt by the spanking R’s took across the country.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    “What created mess is your government, which has demanded for years that everybody be in a home.”

    It pains me to think of how few people realize how little sense this makes.

    Every time I hear a Republican pol or pundit say this, say that “the banks didn’t cause it, government caused it” or “the recession is Obama and the Democrats’ fault,” I get a repeat-after-me-hypnosis vibe from them. They need to keep saying this over and over in order to drill it into people’s heads, and remind them that this is what they are required to think.

    I’m still waiting for someone to point me to the federal statute or regulation that provided for any punitive measure to be levied against a bank that declined to make a high-risk residential mortgage loan to an under-qualified borrower. I’m still waiting for someone to explain how Congress, let alone a single member of the minority party in the House of Representatives, could “force” any bank to do anything, let alone make those kinds of loans. I’m waiting for someone to explain how the financial crisis could be the fault of a President that took office in 2009, and a party that did not have a majority in Congress until 2007, when the bulk of the subprime loans that went bad were originated in 2004, 2005 and 2006, and how the party that actually held the White House and both houses of Congress during all of those years is entirely blameless.

      Note how they conveniently leave out that the only ‘demanding’ was done by GW “WarCriminalShrub-for-brains” Bush’s Ownership Society initiatives.

      Graf, do you have a blog because if not, you should. I love that last paragraph…..

      • GrafZeppelin127

        No, I don’t. Others have suggested it to me as well. I’m not sure I could keep up with it, let alone handle moderating the inevitable psycho-hate that would make its way into the comment threads.

          There’s a Goddamn Awesome blog that would do well to have you (and a couple other ass-kicking commenters) as contributors.

          Don’t worry about the haters. I rarely get too much chaff from the opposition….but then again mostly only my friends read my blog. :)

  • DetroitSam

    On a different note, this warms my heart: Seniors Arrested During Occupy Chicago Protest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2SYvBGB5as&feature=player_profilepage

    Don’t mess with old people.

      Earthquake… Fire…. Terrible floods… Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT!

        Ladies and Gentlemen, the role of “Elmer Fudd” will be played tonight by Rep(rehensible) Joe Walsh.

        “Awise, Stowm. Nowf winds bwow! Souf winds bwow! Typhoons… Huwwicanes… Eawfquakes! SMOG! “

          Okay, so it wasn’t just me that had a rough time with his weird pronunciation….does he have a lisp or is that a regional accent?

        • Brutlyhonest

          Hope you don’t get in “trouble” like I do for remembering lines from cartoons and movies and not remembering (purportedly) important stuff :P

            My Dear Sir (or Madam),

            Cartoons are important stuff.

            -signed,… umm, now what was my name?

    • mrbrink

      Walsh is going to be redistricted out of office next term because we have a democratic governor in Illinois and a democratic state legislature and a U.S. Census that triggered this “once in a decade remaking of the political districts.” His current district will be more Democratic-leaning(Tammy Duckworth is favored to win it, now), and the redrawing of the congressional maps puts his home in fellow freshman wingnut Randy Hultgren’s district.

      Ha ha! If Walsh is going to survive past this term, he’s going to have to beat another Republican to do it. They love it, love it, love it. Oh, wait, that’s me. They hate it, hate it, hate it.

      He’s fighting for his political life and I just want to know where to send the fuck-you Hallmark when it’s over.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Wow. If that’s how he reacts to a banking question, I’d hate to see what would happen if someone had the temerity to ask him about his refusal to pay child support.

    Notice how he refuses to let anyone else get a word in edgewise. Just keep shouting over the other person and browbeat them until the give up or time runs out.

    I believe this is call the “O’Reilly Method” of debating.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690699005 Jennifer H. Smorodin

    oh, yeah. “I’m gonna ask you to leave.” Leave what? the country? the democratic process? Sorry, bub: dissent is part of the process. DEAL WITH IT!!!

  • Lexamich

    I see nothing more than a right-wing scuzz yelling out debunked gibberish and mugging for the camera.

    The weasel is obviously auditioning for the rightwing radio gig he’ll be shuffled off to after he’s voted out of office.

    Dude’s a vainglorious poser, a corporate suck-up, a talking points dispenser, a very bad actor, a flagrant hypocrite, and a fucking deadbeat.

    That is all.