That’s Good

Wow. That’s all I have to say about this. Just wow.

CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR: Let me turn to you George and ask you about the unemployment numbers. Is that something of a trend or is that scratching the surface? What difference is that going to make?

WILL: Not much. First of all, 80,000 isn’t nearly enough to accomodate even the natural growth month by month of the workforce. There are two bits of good news in there. The 80,000 is a net number. The private sector created 104,000 jobs. The public sector happily shrank by 24,000 jobs. Both of that’s good.

24,000 people lost their jobs. Happily.

Ahem…

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • missliberties

    This is what they truly ‘believe’. Laying off teachers is great news because it shrinks government.

    The underlying truth is that the right despises, loathes, and detests teachers for being ‘librul’ and indoctrinating children to be open minded.

  • missliberties

    Off topic:

    I have a serious question. Why aren’t more democrats speaking out FOR Obama? They should be on his side, but instead many don’t want to stand with him. Can we please fix this. It didn’t work so well in 2010, when famed liberal hero Russ Feingold, refused to be seen with the PResident and then changed his mind at the last minute.

    Can we please implore, e-mail, demand that our Democratic politicians behind the PResident. If almost feels as if the Clintonistas are still in the back ground holding back their vocal support.

    Jon Huntsman has raised funds from famed Hillary supporter, grand Puma and ultra rich heiress Lady de Rothchild.

    Come on Democrats. There is too much at stake here to not stand behind our President in this dire hour. We can’t afford to lose.

    • JMAshby

      I don’t think 2012 will be the same.

      • missliberties

        I won’t be exactly the same, because the tea party has diminished somewhat.

        But still Democrats need to stand behind this President and support him, yet some are avoiding him. It’s a stupid strategy for democrats to run away from the President, and I hope it changes soon.

        • JMAshby

          If for no other reason, the incredible amount of fundraising a sitting president brings in during an election year will place them by his side.

          • missliberties

            I appreciate your level headed sensibility.

  • bphoon

    I almost puke when I hear some RW knothead claim that “government doesn ‘t create jobs.” Really? Those paychecks we give to, say, vehicle title clerks or IRS auditors aren’t real money? These people don’t buy groceries, pay mortgages or buy gas? Damn, could have fooled me; I could swear I used to feed and clothe my kids when I worked for the government. I don’t remember living in a cave.

    That George Will would applaude 24,000 people losing their jobs, besides being immoral, shows just how disconnected from reality he and others who believe as he does, is.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_YM23FX2FBZEC3UVDPZRGCUBIZ4 staci

      I almost puke when I hear some RW knothead claim that “government doesn ‘t create jobs.”

      I always think “Oh, really. How about that job you’re holding right now?”