The War Criminal Debate

Nothing really to report about last night’s debate other than a word about the questioners.

Paul Wolfowitz, David Addington and Marc Thiessen all presented questions for the candidates.

Really, CNN? We’re honoring a rogues gallery of war criminals and torture apologists with television time during a presidential debate? I half-expected them to introduce questions from Lynndie England, Al Gonzales the Blackwater guys. So many criminals, so little debate time.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Newt called for humane treatment of the undocumented. This has made him the “moderate” in the field all of a sudden, but that won’t last.

  • Dan_in_DE

    This is blatant hippy punching. CNN knows that the progressive left out there on the intertubes are the only Americans out there for whom the names Wolfowitz and Addington have any significance. We recall that Paul Wolfowitz’s entire carreer is like a case study in failing upwards. Like a reverse King Midas, everything that he touched turned to poop. But the Republican base doesn’t have a long-term memory for mundane details like, who was it who decided to lay-off the entire Iraqi army instead of enlisting their help – nearly the stupidest mistake of the entire Iraq debacle. No, they won’t remember that. This was CNN’s special little coded dick-slap in the face of the lefty blogosphere.

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    I half-expected them to introduce questions from Lynndie England, Al Gonzales the Blackwater guys. So many criminals, so little debate time.

    There 13 more of these godforsaken things, Bob. It may happen yet.

      OMG I have been ignoring the debates but you have to be kidding right, 13 more! I thought they’d already done 13…..I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone today….

  • moelarryandjesus

    It’s been a while since I thought of Lynndie England. I can just imagine what a hopeless little life they let her sneak off to after they were done pretending they didn’t want her to do what she did.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1432102542 Tim Neuenhaus

    CNN had the Bush war house criminals on for one purpose only to create controversy in a lame attempt to get ratings. I’m surprised you didn’t see it that way. Nothing more than corporate media manipulation.

  • muselet

    From TPM:

    Paul Wolfowitz (of Wolfowitz Doctrine fame), now of the American Enterprise Institute, … asked the Republican candidates if America could still afford programs to combat AIDS and malaria in Africa.

    Let that rattle around inside your head for a moment. Paul Wolfowitz, architect of one of the most expensive Charlie Foxtrots in history (one which has to date killed tens of thousands), seems to think that saving lives is too expensive.

    What. An. Ass.

      Answer: No, we can’t afford it because some jackass fooled the country into believe that a war would pay for itself and caused us to piss away billions of dollars.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I guess Eric Prince couldn’t be drawn out of whatever Middle Eastern bunker he’s hiding in these days to participate.