This Is Real

Beware the Butterball “Sharia” Turkey.

In a column on The American Thinker, anti-Islam blogger Pamela Geller explains that halal meats are already prevalent throughout most of the meat industry, but now they have even infiltrated the popular frozen turkey producer Butterball.

“In a little-known strike against freedom, yet again, we are being forced into consuming meat slaughtered by means of a torturous method: Islamic slaughter,” Geller writes. […]

And anti-Islam, anti-bear activist Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association tweeted this warning on Tuesday: “Be advised: every single Butterball turkey sold in America this Thanksgiving has been sacrificed to Allah first.”

I thought President Obama was behind the War on Thanksgiving. Now you’re telling me it’s the Butterball corporation? Or is it Muslims? Wait, isn’t President Obama a secret-Muslim? Is Butterball a party to the global Islamic caliphate?

Where’s a Glenn Beck chalkboard when you need one?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    That is crazy…my understanding of halal is that the killing of the animals may actually more humane/less torturous than normal factories. Also, do they know that “Allah” is the same as “God” ?

    • muselet

      Also, do they know that “Allah” is the same as “God” ?

      No. No, they don’t.

      –alopecia

  • Ned F

    “Non-Muslims in America and Europe don’t deserve to have halal turkey forced upon them in this way, without their knowledge or consent. So this Thanksgiving, fight for your freedom. Find a non-halal, non-Butterball turkey to celebrate Thanksgiving this Thursday.”

    I know what she’s talking about. At the market today, some crazy Islamic looking butcher tried to force a Butterball into my cart when I wasn’t looking. Thankfully, I saw the offensive bird before I reached the checkout line and heaved it down the aisle screaming “Freedom!” and “God Bless America” as I left the store. Whew.

  • JWheels

    It’s good to know religious tolerance is alive and well on the right…

  • D_C_Wilson

    What exactly do they think will happen if they eat Halal turkey? Will they get possessed by the ghost of Bin Laden?

    A run of the mill Islamophobe would just tell people the eat ham on Thanksgiving instead, to “really stick it” to the Muslims. But Geller is a very unique kind of crazy.

    • piltdown

      Pam is ultra-Jewish. She’s not the best spokesperson for ham.

  • muselet

    *headdesk*

    Slaughter performed according to halal rules is approximately identical to slaughter performed according to kosher rules. Next, is Pamela Geller going to get her chaddis in a twist over how torturous the slaughter of animals for kosher meat is? Somehow, I doubt it.

    Hey, Pammy, water has been certified halal! Strike a blow for freedom! Stop drinking the stuff!

    Moron.

    –alopecia

    • JWheels

      If only we could get our air to become halal…

      • muselet

        Even better.

        –alopecia

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    How do these morons gain national attention? Unfuckingbelievable.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Oh, my. “Halal” means ‘permitted,’ so Geller is basically saying that we shouldn’t eat food permitted to Muslims. Mind you, most of the MREs available to soldiers deployed in Afghanistan are considered halal — so by Geller’s lights, we’ve been feeding our troops soul-destroying Islamic food for years.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    This has more layers of stupid than a turducken.

      The comments on this thread are cracking me up but yours was the best Graf! It rates as a “knee slapper”. :)

  • dildenusa

    What? Certified Halal Turkeys? The next thing you know they will be forcing us to eat certified Kosher Turkeys. How dare they?

    Somebody really needs to point out to these brain dead morons that certified Halal and Kosher foods are actually better because the animals are probably better taken care of instead of being crowded into tiny pens where they are fed unnatural feeds with antibiotics. Then the Halal and Kosher animals are slaughtered in such a way as to prevent the contamination of the meat by chemicals released by the adrenal glands.

  • laddieluv

    I’ll say it again: not enough Thorazine on the planet.

    *bangheadhere*