What Could Go Wrong?

Senator Joe Lieberman, who unfortunately hasn’t left office yet, is requesting that Google implement a feature to flag material as “terrst” material following the revelation that the so-called “lone wolf” NYC terror suspect was running a jihadist blog.

When he wasn’t smoking pot with the New York Police Department’s confidential informant or trying to manually cut off the tip of his penis, “lone wolf” terror suspect Jose Pimentel was running a jihadist website on Google’s Blogger platform.

Now Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) wants Google to implement a policy explicitly banning terrorist material on their Blogger servers and set up a YouTube-style “flag” system to bring such material to Google’s attention.

TPM obtained a letter sent by Lieberman, chair of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, to Google CEO Larry Page on Tuesday calling for him to make some changes to their policy.

The room for abuse in such a system, where you can flag web content for terrorism, is mind-boggling. Almost as mind-boggling as the idea of voting for Joe Lieberman.

On the bright side however, Fox News could finally be properly labeled.

What could go wrong?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • ThoseNerds

    Google should do this, and like you said we can Google bomb the shit out of Fox News. Maybe, Google can just make a button on any news broadcast that you want to name propaganda…

    Lieberman is useless bridge troll.

  • http://twitter.com/fleetadmiralj Josh Chambers

    I like the fact that this is apparently the 7th article titled “what could go wrong”…

  • Madam1

    “When he wasn’t smoking pot with the New York Police Department’s confidential informant or trying to manually cut off the tip of his penis”- Huh?

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1118928624 Mimi Schector

    “What could go wrong?” Famous last words.