A Critical Phase

Artist – Pat Bagley

In other news, under pressure from conservative “family” organizations, major retail chains are pulling their ads from a new TLC television show based on American Muslims. Do Muslim families not count as real families either? Lets ask Rick Santorum.

Also — another GOP clown car debate will take place tonight on ABC.

  • villemar

    Wow, watching those retards voluntarily is like the shittiest Saturday night I could ever imagine.

    • Robert Scalzi

      outside of being locked up I agree wholeheartedly

  • http://twitter.com/wmgross Wesley Gross

    What kind of clout does the Florida Family Association have in order to bully around these big corporations? Bank of America, Lowes, Wal-mart, McDonalds have all given into the will of these family groups.

    Seriously, why are these companies acting on such a bigoted demand?

  • http://profiles.google.com/ibegone Nicholas Gallias

    They can pull their adds. I haven’t shopped or dealt with any of them for years now, but I’ll be more than happy to spread the middle index.
    Popehat looks at this issue more in depth.

    http://www.popehat.com/2011/12/10/lowes-all-american-muslim-and-living-from-the-inside-out/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Popehat+%28Popehat%29&utm_content=FeedBurner

  • muselet

    Righty heads would explode if something like this went on the air. (And shame on the companies that pulled ads from All-American Muslim because of the bleatings of a few discontented bigots.)

    –alopecia

  • tangles

    Not surprising at all. Lowes, Wal-Mart, McDonalds… of course they’ll suck up to the talibangicals. Those are their customers. Who watches TLC anymore anyway? It’s the channel of Toddlers in Tiaras and 19 Kids and Counting.
    Trash TV.

    Personally, I find ALL reality programming to be obnoxious, boring, stupid, a salve to keep the American public docile and ignorant. I would never watch any of it. Ever.
    As to the bigotry………it is also not admirable.