Champion of “Family” Wants To Breakup Families

Rick Santorum, arguably the most “pro-family” candidate currently pretending to run for president, is showing his support for families in ever-more mysterious ways.

“You can’t be here for 20 years and commit only one illegal act … because everything you’re doing while you’re here is against the law …” Santorum said. “I understand Congressman Gingrich saying, ‘Well, you know, people have been here and they’ve been good citizens and paying taxes.’ Yeah, under somebody else’s Social Security number because you stole it.”

Families should be broken up when the law is broken, which includes illegal immigration, he added.

Because nothing says support for the traditional family unit like breaking up families does.

I suppose Hispanic families don’t count as real families.

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    I’ll never understand how some people can be such raging (frothy) assholes.

  • holyreality

    Hispanic voters are more likely to vote for the anti-abortion candidate. I really don’t see why the GOPers fail to understand this.

  • hanadora444

    Charming. Utterly charming. I knew there was a problem when Newt Gingrich expressed reservations about breaking up families and was jumped on by the rest of the field. Apparently even Gingrich wasn’t mean enough for these people.

  • Ghetro

    It’s interesting how he can casually discard the notion that undocumented folks are paying taxes (including Social Security taxes) under assumed SSNs without acknowledging that these people are extremely unlikely to try to get any of that money back. In a totally perverse way, these people are helping to support the Social Security system.