Crazy Quote of the Day

“I believe these words came from the Pokemon movie. Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me. Just look inside and you will find just what you can do.” Herman Cain today

That’s real. I’m not making it up. Some politicians quote philosophers, others quote statesmen, others quote scripture. Modern Republicans quote Pokemon.

Adding… Here he is quoting the same words in a Fox News debate, but attributing them to “a poet.”

  • gobrooklyn

    Holy Shit.

  • Steve Shriver

    so you are implying that pokemon is not a poet?

  • Corebela

    OMG!! That is so fucking funny!!! Seeing the words “I believe these words came from the Pokemon movie.” Was one thing. But then seeing that Herman cane was the one who thinks he was quoting Pokemon…… Never laughed so loud not over what he said, but the fact that he was the one that said it! Damn I needed that bit of humour today

    • Scopedog

      Yeah, but it’s an insult to POKEMON…..

    It’s gotten so bad that I am NEVER shocked, awed or surprised by anything Republicans say or do.

      Can you believe their ‘Big Idea’ man came up with a plan to put adults out of work, replace them with low-paid children (who won’t pay as much in taxes), and thinks that’s a fine idea for instilling the ‘work ethic’ in poor kids he doesn’t know a thing about? How about instilling some kind of ‘honesty ethic’ in ex-Speakers of the House? To paraphrase Carl Sandburg, “Never trust a man who works with his mouth.” Although, in Newt’s case, I don’t think you could fairly call it work — more like blowing bubbles in the bathtub.

        They really do live in another world, and because they don’t bother to become acquainted with reality, they have no relationship to the rest of us.

        Newt needs to spend a week or so in the projects.

        • Byproxy73

          Newt also needs to work at least 40 hours as a janitor before he puts the country’s 9-year-olds to work in the schools.

  • muselet

    HERMAN CAIN IS AN ART PROJECT

    –alopecia