Doof Quote of the Day

“Every barrel of oil that comes out of those sands in Canada is a barrel of oil that we don’t have to buy from a foreign source.” Rick Perry

Uh. Yeah.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • gobrooklyn

    Frum was pushing similar line on Twitter this morning (or last night) – its all a blur.

  • LearningToFly

    Tar Sands is the most expensive least efficient way to extract petroleum. In fact it is only profitable if crude prices are artificially inflated. The consumer gets gauged.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Inefficient and more damaging to the environment.

      Oh, and the whole point of the pipeline is to bring the oil to the Gulf where it can be easily exported to other countries. How does helping Canada export its oil to Europe and Asia help us become energy independent again?

  • ainsleyroad

    Jesus. Soda through my nose!

  • burbank_burt

    Like ainsleyroad posted before me, I literally laughed out loud — though luckily I avoided any carbonation coating my sinuses.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Perry and every other asshat that repeats this nonsense (same as the drill baby drill line of BS) feels free to do so because the librul media simply repeats it as truth. Just once I’d like to see one of them report how all the oil produced by the international conglomerates is actually distributed.

    Also, too: No “report” on gas prices should ever be broadcast without mention of the billions on subsidies the oil companies receive and their continually record profits.

    LOLOL!

  • holyreality

    I thought Kanadia was a northern Montana county!?!

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Alberto-Saldivar/100002122755859 Alberto Saldivar

    FOREIGN COUNTRY …. NOT CANADA ?

  • http://twitter.com/JPFrankenstein JPFrankenstein

    Perhaps Perry just inadvertently spilled his foreign policy plans for when he’s president. He really shouldn’t be allowed to watch Canadian Bacon…..too many ideas.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Canada is mostly white and mostly Christian, hence Mr. Perry probably does not think of Canada or Canadians as “foreign.” Only non-white, non-Christian countries and people are “foreign.”

    One might suggest that he doesn’t consider Canada “foreign” because it’s on the same continent as the U.S., but then so is Mexico, and I’d be willing to bet he considers Mexico and Mexicans to be “foreign.”

  • steven boivin

    It is true that the US gov’t considers Canadian and Mexican oil and gas as “domestic supply” even though they are sovereign nations. (not really happy about this as a Canadian and wish I had the link, just read this in a Canadian news article a couple weeks ago, damnit!)