Everything is Unconstitutional

via ThinkProgress

This is the man currently leading the polls in Iowa, and who even some supposed liberals have been promoting.

Being the most staunchly anti-war, anti-defense spending person in Washington does not make up for the fact that he would also like to do away with the Departments of Education, Energy, and Health as well as every other federal agency in existence.

He’d also like to give states the right to do whatever they want. Such as ignore the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    Friends of mine have commented how Libertarians often sound reasonable until you realize they are absolutely batshit insane.

    • MrDHalen

      Libertarians believe they could survive and do well in the post-apocalypse world of Mad Max. They believe we should scrap this whole “Civil Society” thing and just go back to fighting to the death for resources.

      • muselet

        I’ve said it before: if the average libertarian found himself in his ideal no-tax, no-regulation, no-government, no-society society, he’d be killed and eaten within three days. Delusional twits, the lot of them.

        –alopecia

        • villemar

          And they never seem to take my suggestion to move to Mogidishu if they want a perfect Randian utopia.

          • ethel1234

            Hey you statists are welcome to go to North Korea. Everything is taken care of for you there.

  • ranger11

    What liberals are promoting him? That’s crazy. They care about free drugs and hookers but not about civil rights or a fair progressive economics. Very interesting.

    • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

      I’ve actually seen someone say they’ll “only vote for Obama if Paul doesn’t win the nomination.” People are dumb.

        “People are dumb”

        In this context, that is the understatement of the year!

    • betty0990

      Promoting him because he actually cares about progressive issues, unlike Obambam the mass murdering fascist.

      • ranger11

        What the hell is Obambam?

        • villemar

          Hee huurrr I made Obamas name into a word with other stuff in it, huurr hurr!! Guh!

          • ranger11

            I just don’t get this construction of it. Is it supposed to be like he’s bambam from the Flintstones? I could slam their guy by calling him Runt Paul or Ron Polesmoker but I would be essentially throwing all the money my parents spent on me to go to school down the toilet just for kicks.

        A man who wants to abolish social security and medicare, repeal antitrust legislation, opposes taking action on climate change, thinks that there’s nothing wrong with businesses refusing service due to someone’s skin color, is pro-life (odd position for a “libertarian”), and opposes birthright citizenship (I guess amendments aren’t really part of the Constitution) actually cares about progressive issues? Just how high are you?

        • ranger11

          Libertarians do seem to like dope I have learned.

        • ethel1234

          There is nothing unlibertarian about opposing the murder of babies.

      • JMAshby

        Because obliterating The New Deal and the last 100 years of social progress is very progressive.

        Derp.

      • rgbyref

        Okay. I criticize Obama a lot for his rightward pro-business tilt and lost opportunities, but I’m not crazy enough to believe that a loon like Ron Paul is preferable because of one or two issues.

        Any liberal promoting ron paul is a person who knows very little about political reality.

        Ron Paul does not give a rat’s ass about “progressive issues”.

        • ethel1234

          And neither do you. You support a corporatist.

            You are a bloody idiot.

      • D_C_Wilson

        If you think Paul cares about progressive issues, you are not only ignorant about the man, you are delusional.

  • mrbrink

    Ron Paul is not gonna tell them who really did 9/11.

    “Free bananas!”

  • betty0990

    I voted for Obomba in 2008. Ron Paul this year. You guys are a bunch of jokes that only care about Obambam getting reelected. DEMOCRATS AT ALL COSTS. Youre just as bad as the republicants who always vote republicant.

    • ranger11

      No, we’re a bunch of riddles.

    • mrbrink

      Matthew Lesko for President!

    • villemar
    • JMAshby

      I voted for Obomba in 2008. Ron Paul this year. You guys are a bunch of jokes that only care about Obambam getting reelected. DEMOCRATS AT ALL COSTS. Youre just as bad as the republicants who always vote republicant.

      Derp

      • villemar

        No bomba bam bam boom baa! Grrrr!!!11!!111!!11!! I hate him sooo much!!!!111

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_S7NUGMJ2FDHYATRLWFEFCC5CQI schemata

      “I voted for Obomba in 2008.”

      Hmm, something about that seems… disingenuous.

      • rgbyref

        Just shows that EVERY candidate gets some wackaloons to vote for him/her.

      Like hell you voted for Pres. Obama in 2008. Not even disaffected Dems sound as buffoonish as you do.

      And, betty, you should quit pretending to be a Democrat at all. If you want to spam Ron Paul crap, at least do it without the bullshit lies.

  • Treading_Water

    But, Obamanamanah (ooh look, funny word play) refuses to bring back Arrested Development. How can I vote for a president who hates comedy? If Ron Fail (see what I did there?) were president, he would bring back Arrested Development. As a single issue voter, I cannot, in good conscience, vote for anyone who doesn’t promise to return good comedy to television. And a Ron Small (look, there it is again!) presidency would be a real knee slapper.