Good Advice From Gingrich

If you’re looking for a president who supports gay-rights, Newt Gingrich suggests that you support President Obama.

I say that’s good advice.

“I asked him if he’s elected, how does he plan to engage gay Americans. How are we to support him?” Scott Arnold, an associate professor of writing at William Penn University, told the Des Moines Register. “And he told me to support Obama.”

No other president has been as supportive of equal-rights as this president, with the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell now on the books and the Defense of Marriage Act facing serious legal challenges following the Department of Justice’s assessment that it is unconstitutional.

Every single Republican candidate for president has pledged themselves to fighting The Gay, and if we had a Republican president right now, DADT would still be the law.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    But . . . but . . .but . . . Obama is Just like Bush ™!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jane Hamsher told me so.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_YM23FX2FBZEC3UVDPZRGCUBIZ4 staci

      Damn it, DC – you took my post. :-)

      • D_C_Wilson

        ;-)

  • http://twitter.com/EricPoole0704 Eric Poole

    http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/12/20/will-obama-endorse-marriage-equality-in-2012

    If sex columnist and gay rights advocate Dan Savage is right, Gingrich just made a brilliant move. Savage theorizes that Obama should keep quiet on gay rights because being identified as a supporter might win him some votes in states that are solid blue, but cost him lots of votes in swing states he needs to win if he’s going to get re-elected.

    • muselet

      Dan Savage is a bright guy who has a better instinctive grasp of politics (especially social-issues politics) than most of the gasbags infesting the TV.

      Which is a long-winded way of saying I tend to agree with him on this.

      –alopecia

  • ethel1234

    “if we had a Republican president right now, DADT would still be the law.”

    Except Ron Paul voted to repeal it.