Herman Cain Out

Nein nein nein.

Herman Cain announced on Saturday that he is suspending his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination.

The news comes in the wake of Cain being accused of having an extramarital affair and sexual harassment charges from more than a decade ago resurfacing. The former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza has vehemently denied any wrongdoing amid the controversy.

Plan B? He should have said “Plan M” for “Murdoch,” because his cable news career begins now.

Gingrich is officially one step closer to being the nominee.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_AG6RW6PWG5OLUZQ4MRERDF2NNI David

    Gingrich had two extramarital affairs. And is repulsive to boot!
    (He’s a divider, not a uniter.)

    Maybe Blingrich will make the ‘poor boy’ his official campaign sandwich. I know some conservatives who would be offended at Newt’s suggestion their kids go to work. That, among other things, is what’s going to hang him, but I hope he gets the nomination first.

    • muselet

      Bashing the poor for being poor (translation to Right-speak: lazy, shiftless, drug-addled members of the criminal class) hasn’t been unpopular among conservatives for at least 30 years. If Newt’s latest “transformative”—one of his very favorite words—idea sinks him, I’ll be amazed (and I’ll laugh and laugh).

        Unfortunately, I think you’re right.

        • muselet

          Just so we’re clear, I don’t think Newt Gingrich will be the Republican nominee. Frankly, I don’t think he’s seriously running for president as much as he’s raising his visibility as the Republicans’ BIG IDEAS GUY™ (he’s also angling for more Sunday morning yak-show appearances—I’ll give him his due: he’s a hard-working con man).

          What will sink Gingrich is his serial philandering and his general unlikeability, not bashing the poor.

            I completely agree. :)