Ironic Congressional Torrent Pirates

The same people who are destroying the internet in an attempt to attack pirates are actually engaged in the illegal downloading of copyrighted materials:

In recent weeks we discovered BitTorrent pirates at the RIAA, Sony, Fox, Universal and even law-abiding organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security. By now it should be clear that people are using BitTorrent pretty much everywhere, and not only for lawful downloads.

Today we can add the U.S. House of Representatives to that list, the place where lawmakers are drafting the much discussed “Stop Online Piracy Act” (SOPA).

I haven’t read about this level of hypocrisy since David Vitter, Larry Craig and, well, every Republican who legislated family values while sucking down meth and trolling for hookers.

(via Ashby)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Internet and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    Truthfully, I am not sure if this is hypocrisy or just pure ignorance…There are a few issues that seem a little too modern for many in congress. Though, I am not too certain if they fully understood the issue at hand if they wouldn’t go along with their current stance and action leading to hypocrisy…

    • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

      It really should be a rule that once you qualify for social security, you gotta get out of congress. The world changes too often too fast for these dusty old crackers.

      • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

        Or, at least, take some type of test to see if one keeps up with the times. I do know some people in their early 40s who are just as inept with tech as most people over 60..then I do know some over 60 who are just as savvy technically and socially who I wouldn’t mind being in the political process over the 40-somethings…

        • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

          Fair enough.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    We have met the enemy and he is us.

  • Brutlyhonest

    too. also sucking down hookers and trolling for meth.