It's Over

From Iraq:

U.S. and Iraqi officials signed paperwork handing over Camp Adder, the last American military base in Iraq. The sign over marks one of the final acts in the U.S. departure from Iraq. Four-thousand remaining American soldiers are expected to leave before December 31.

The war is over. Now the decades of blowback can commence.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Iraq and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JMAshby

    The war over there ends, the war at home begins.

    Over 2 million servicemen and women served in Iraq since 2003. They come home to no jobs and a congress that would privatize their healthcare if they had a chance.

    Hopefully Iraq vets are treated better than Vietnam vets. I fear not.

    • jjasonham

      My father is a Vietnam vet and through him I was directly affected by that “war at home”. It’s STILL happening. Shame.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Now we get to hear republicans whine and cry about how we should still be there.

    But don’t worry. The second another republican gets into the White House, we’ll get to look forward to welcoming the Iranian veterans coming home.