Mitt Romney Keeps Saying Stupid Stuff

The more “safe” and “electable” Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney continues to say stupefying things while attempting to pander to the lunatic primary base.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney insisted on Wednesday that President George W. Bush would never have invaded Iraq if he had known that were no weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in the country. [...]

“You don’t think we would have gone in at all?” Todd asked

“Well, of course not,” Romney declared. “The president went in based upon intelligence they had weapons of mass destruction. Had he known that was not the case, the U.N. would not have put forward resolutions authorizing this type of action. The president would not have been pursuing that course, but we did not know that. Based upon what we knew at the time, we were very much under the impression as a nation — as our president was under the impression — that they had weapons of mass destruction, that Saddam Hussein was intent on potentially using those weapons. And so, he took action based upon what he knew.”

“But to go back and say, ‘Knowing what we know now, would we have gone in?’ Well, knowing what we know now, they did not have weapons of mass destruction. There would have been no effort on the part of our president or others to take military action,” the former Massachusetts governor added.

This is pure whitewash.

We know the Bush Administration pushed the CIA to give them the intelligence they wanted.

Rather than tell a story based on intelligence, the Bush Administration wanted intelligence tailored to fit the story. And they shamelessly used Colin Powell to gain U.N. approval.

Those who blew the whistle and cast doubt on the Bush Administration’s claims were outed, slandered, and shamed with the aide of a complicit media complex itching for a war to cover.

And not only that. Several members of Bush’s Who’s Who cabinet of Neo-Cons were writing plans fantasies about invading Iraq at conservative think-tanks before Bush was even elected.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Iraq and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    One of my advanced ESL students asked me about the Iraq war this morning, and what the reasons were. Even he, a Nicaraguan living in Costa Rica, knew the WMD excuse was bullshit and that it boiled down to two words: Oil and Revenge. I was proud of him for both his mastery of English and for seeing through the lies.

  • Guest

    This is pure whitewash.

    No way. Romney seems to think he can take shit, whether it comes from Bush 2 or the tea party republics, shine it up with more of his own shit, and we will all say, YUUUUMMMMMMMYYYY.

    Here is more of his shining shit with his shit regarding the payroll tax cut extension.
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/12/21/393843/romney-payroll-tax-refuses/