Moment of Derp

Bill O’Reilly simply cannot comprehend that the U.S. military is civilian controlled.

In a discussion on government involvement on health care Tuesday evening, The O’Reilly Factor suddenly had an interesting and peculiar back and forth with Alan Colmes on the government’s overall effectiveness.

“Can they run the military?” Colmes asked.

O’Reilly replied: “They can’t run the military because it’s military controlled, not civilian.”

“That’s government run, it’s still the government doing it,” Colmes countered.

“But the Pentagon calls the shots,” he said.

“But the commander-in-chief is a civilian, the government runs the military well,” Colmes insisted.

“That is wrong,” O’Reilly said. “The Pentagon calls the shots on how the military operates. The Pentagon is military people.”

“That’s the government,” Colmes said. “It’s the government, it’s still the government.”

O’Reilly concluded: “They work for and the government running it are two different things.”

The government cannot properly manage healthcare just like they can’t manage the military, because the military is controlled by the military. Except it isn’t. Derp.

Question — will Bill O’ the Clown reject Medicare and go-it-alone when he turns 65 in a couple years? After all, the government cannot properly manage anything. Right?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Whadda maroon.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Telling that Bill-O thinks the military runs itself. I’m sure he also thinks America would be better off with the generals in charge of the civilians, like Pakistan.

    • MrDHalen

      Cue a conservative dropping the line “No! No! No! That’s completely different!!!” in …..3 …..2 …..1.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=82202114 Kevin C. ‘Casey’ Motl

    OT, but where are you on Obama’s walkback of the NDAA veto threat, Bob?

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’ve noticed this among conservatives before. There’s an insistence that the military is somehow not part of the government, because all government agencies are evil, but since they like the military (well, they like using it to blow shit up), the military can’t possibly be part the government.

    QED

  • caribbeanobserver

    Ok, now I am convinced that America is/has been run by white old men who are simply there because they are white. Talk about ignorance!

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    Now, wasn’t one of the Repub “knocks” against Obama is that he would be a weak military chief of staff and that we needed someone with “experience” like McCain?