New Year Party Poppers

Artist – Nate Beeler

In other news, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is planning to introduce emergency legislation that would allow Gingrich and Perry to appear on the state’s primary ballot.

Also — Happy New Year to everyone! As tempting as it may be, don’t drink yourself to death tonight!

We look forward to your continued participation in 2012. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    My most well-worn bookmark…I appreciate this blog more than I dare/care to write tonight. But thanks a million to Bob, and thank you JM Ashby, and a transblogginental thank you to podcast buddy Chez who has been instrumental in my sanity retention.
    Cheers, let’s mock and humiliate the shit out of these _____bags in ’12!

  • muselet

    Since it’s Hogmanay, I thought this would be appropriate.

    Happy New Year, everyone.

    Auld Lang Syne
    by Robert Burns (1788)

    Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    And never brought to mind?
    Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    And auld lang syne!

    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    For auld lang syne.
    We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

    And surely ye’ll be your pint stowp!
    And surely I’ll be mine!
    And we’ll tak a cup o’kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    For auld lang syne.
    We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

    We twa hae run about the braes,
    And pou’d the gowans fine;
    But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
    Sin’ auld lang syne.

    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    For auld lang syne.
    We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

    We twa hae paidl’d in the burn,
    Frae morning sun till dine;
    But seas between us braid hae roar’d
    Sin’ auld lang syne.

    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    For auld lang syne.
    We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

    And there’s a hand, my trusty fere!
    And gie’s a hand o’ thine!
    And we’ll tak a right gude-willie waught,
    For auld lang syne.

    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    For auld lang syne.
    We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

    * * * *

    –alopecia

  • rgbyref

    Re: Cuccinelli

    For Rethuglicans, “Rule of Law” is merely a convenience.

    • jmby

      The only saving grace in this situation is that the Republicans in the VA General Assembly don’t want to haul their butts back to Richmond to vote on emergency legislation – the House of Delegates Republican Majority Assclown laughed when asked by a news anchor about the possibility of the GA convening a session to deal withthe Gingrich/Perry issue. A lawyer in my office building, a “connected” Republican of the more sane and intelligent type – (there actually is one) – told my husband Thursday that no one in the VA Republican establishment wants those two anywhere near the Presidential campaign. Let’s hope he’s right.

      And thanks for the year of stimulating discussion, proof that there are smart and common-sense voters still around, and for indulging my own opinions when I post them.
      You all are splendid.